Direct TV DSL

Fritolay

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Hi

I'd really appreciate if anybody can comment on Pros and Cons of using the Direct TV DSL service. The are I just moved in has two DSL options, Comcast and Satellite DSL (Direct TV).

Thanks in advance.

Directv partners with different providers in different areas. Is is actually DSL, or satellite internet? And is the comcast DSL? or cable internet.
If the choice is between cable, or satellite internet, always go cable.

I dug a little deeper. Direct TV uses WildBlue for the satellite DSL service and Comcast has the fiber-optic network (the cheapest package, $42.95 for upto 6Mbps). I guess I may have to go with Comcast and take the comb deal, though I really liked Direct TV.

DirecTV partners with WildBlue (Sat) *AND* AT&T DSL (Phone), you may want to call first and see which they offer in your area and what rates/speeds.

Hi

I'd really appreciate if anybody can comment on Pros and Cons of using the Direct TV DSL service. The are I just moved in has two DSL options, Comcast and Satellite DSL (Direct TV).

Thanks in advance.

I would try out the comcast. . . . . . . . . .. Comcast is probably a lot cheaper?...no bandwidth limits?.... * ALL Satellite internet providers have bandwidth restrictions. BE SURE TO READ Their: F.A.P. Fair access policy... After you go over the limit.. your speed is cut down... I'm sure they'll never tell you about that little policy. * I believe hughesNet had the less amount of bandwidth. and wildblue had somewhat more of bandwidth to give you... But you probably won't be downloading ten 700mb movies in a month...lol * When it rains hard, your sat internet will most likey suffer as sat tv does.

You may avoid some confusion if you look up the term DSL. DSL is used to mean broadband internet via a phone line. It uses higher frequencies that are completely independent of telephone service.

What you're inquiring about are satellite internet and cable internet.

The only time where it's practical to get satellite internet is when you have no cable or DSL service.

There's no reason why you can't get TV from DirecTV and internet from Comcast though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)