Direct TV local HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite dummy

Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Grand Forks
I want to dump cable to save money but I am finding obstacles from both Direct TV and DISH. No local HD on Direct, and no Fox College Sports (for Sioux sports) on DISH.

Does anyone know why Direct TV is not providing HD for CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX in the Fargo-Grand Forks market, and when they might get those networks in HD?

Anybody know the best solution? I want Sioux sports AND locals in HD!!

Directv simply doesn't cover the entire country yet. No one knows when, or if, they ever will. You could get set up and then "move" to Sioux Falls SD. It looks like the spot beam would reach to Grand Forks with no problem. Oh yeah, and :welcome to Satelliteguys!

Won't happen anytime soon. The locals come from the 119 satellite and those markets probably will have to wait until the next satellite is launched.

Won't happen anytime soon. The locals come from the 119 satellite and those markets probably will have to wait until the next satellite is launched.

There is plenty of bandwidth on the satellites up there now to provide hd locals . That's not the issue.

and take this in Erie,pa we got our local 2 weeks ago but no local NBC OR CBS because they couldn't come to a deal with local NBC OR CBS affiliates so it for me it a waste of time to get my local without NBC OR CBS

As already pointed out, whether SD locals come from 119 or not, has NOTHING to do with if a DMA gets HD or not - & even after a 119 local market is launched with HD locals, the SD ones continue to be broadcast on 119 as usual. ALL HD locals, even the ones on 119, all come off the Ka birds, so there is NO extra bandwidth needed on 119.

Satellite doesn't have Fox College Sports because they carry all the RSNs on a nationwide signal. If you want the same programming as FCS, subscribe to the sports pack and you'll get all the RSNs. FCS is the solution Fox came up with so that cable wouldn't have to dedicate all that bandwidth to carrying every RSN.

yeah you need the sports pack to see the Sioux on 617/623/625 (one of those carries the games but it changes between them regularly)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)