Directv 1R 109.8W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back up for what I wonder. Directv isn't using the 110 slot right now. With the increased use of sl3 lnbs, it can't be for widespread use.

Interesting on another note hopefully directv get's directv14 satellite soon and directv10 continues to work.

easier to move a satellite 9 degrees either way than to park it at say 119 and if something happens at 101 it takes longer to move the satellite 18 degrees :)

I've always wondered why they don't use their 3 tp's they have at 110 and fill it with 30ish of the most popular SD international channels from WorldDirect--which would require less multiple-dish installs and reliance on Galaxy 3C--just an SL5 lnb.

--Nat

I agree Nat. I know we've had threads about that and it sounds like a good idea. Use it and put a bunch of International channels there.
Less 2 dish setups then

I agree Nat. I know we've had threads about that and it sounds like a good idea. Use it and put a bunch of International channels there.
Less 2 dish setups then

I wonder how many SD channels they could cram in on 3 tps if they used Mp4? I believe their using 5 as it is on G3C with Mp2...

actually they are putting up to 10 on a TP on 95W
SD they could easily do 20 or more. The only thing is how many folks out there have Int'l only or even a SD only setup? Lots of receivers they'd have to change over if they go MPEG4

There is like 73 stations on 95W right now....so MPEG4 that would be 25 per TP....oof wouldnt want to see that picture ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.