DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Given the vehemence with which DirecTV claims to be avoiding Voom, I'm wondering why this list includes Voom.

Guessing the speculation would have to do with the new ownerships continued interest in buying up companies. This is a speculation of not only providing VOOM content, but purchasing the company. Ruppert had no interest in VOOM.

Has anyone heard any rumors about The Golf Channel in HD?

Comcast owns The Golf Channel, and Comcast uses the Versus channel to share HD broadcasts of Versus programming and The Golf Channel in HD on Comcast cable. There does not seem to be any feud between D* and Comcast-I wonder if D* will do the same?

I know that golf is not a big ratings sport, but for those of us who do watch it, we've learned that HD is definitely the right way, like most other sports.

Thats not the complete list.So anything is possible.My guess is no one will see the complete list of Directv's HD plans untill the end of 2008.We get the D10 this year and D11 in 2008.

Thats not the complete list.So anything is possible.My guess is no one will see the complete list of Directv's HD plans untill the end of 2008.We get the D10 this year and D11 in 2008.

D11 is supposed to go up this year too.

no, d11 isn't being launched until the first half of next year. that was announced during first quarter webcast.

At the Bank of America Securities Media, Telecommunications & Entertainment Conference in New York, Multichannel News reported that CFO Michael Palkovic characterized Voom as something that was "not really quality" and said that "there are no Voom channels". Perhaps the legacy of Rupert lives?

Well at least I agree with Mr. Pallovic's opinion.

Well at least I agree with Mr. Pallovic's opinion.
Have you sampled Voom extensively, or are you just taking Rupert's word for it?

To get back on topic, I have to ask why hdtvtechno is counting Voom channels when DirecTV remains publicly opposed to carrying them.

Have you sampled Voom extensively, or are you just taking Rupert's word for it?

To get back on topic, I have to ask why hdtvtechno is counting Voom channels when DirecTV remains publicly opposed to carrying them.

As I have posted REPEATEDLY, my next door neighbor is a DISH sub, so I am perfectly aware of the VOOM content offerings - I am not very impressed.

So what is the point of all negative comments concerning VOOM? VOOM is no different than any other HD or SD channel that we pay for and few people watch; a lot of repetition and some new programming occasionally. The only difference is, VOOM is in HD and not SD. Do we watch HD anything just because it's HD, yes. Regardless of what people think or feel about the VOOM channels, they are included in E* HD package and provides an alternative. Get over it already and quit complaining about not having them or whether they are worthless or not. Most of us are just happy to have a variety of HD programming to choose from. Who cares who has more. That's just more channels that people will pay for that they don't watch. The "more" argument is old and boring. People's focus should be in forcing E* and D* to use their new-found capacity to not only provide new HD channels but to provide full HD ( resolution and bitrate) instead of the mediocre stuff they provide today. After all this drama unfolds, he who has the best quality HD programming at the best price will get my business.

He's probably waiting for Direct to offer more HD channels.

He IS switching because of the new offerings that are coming, but he is doing construction on his house, and that is causing the delay.

Not really a big deal believe me. But maybe HE will pay for the NFL package this year. That would be nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

remotes quit working

AT&T to select Dish or DirecTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)