DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mhutsell3 said:
So anyone in Indianapolis have LIL HD yet? I feel like I am getting the run around from D* CSR. :)

CSRs only know what is currently live and on the script. Until something rolls out they are generally clueless on upcoming events unless it is a MAJOR PROMO they are trained on and on the script. Here is the list yet again.

According to an email from DirecTV sent to a user about - Area HD Locals

Atlanta November 22, 2005
Milwaukee May 2006
Baltimore June 2006
Minneapolis April 19, 2006
Birmingham April 19, 2006
Nashville April 19, 2006
Boston December 8, 2005
New York since 2003
Charlotte June 2006
Orlando June 2006
Chicago November 22, 2005
Philadelphia November 22, 2005
Cleveland June 2006
Phoenix May 2006
Columbus- not CBS April 19, 2006
Pittsburgh April 19, 2006
Dallas- not ABC December 8, 2005
Raleigh J June 2006
Denver June 2006
Sacramento- not FOX April 19, 2006
Detroit October 20, 2005
St. Louis May 2006
Fresno May 2006
Salt Lake City May 2006
Hartford June 2006
San Antonio June 2006
Houston- not CBS December 8, 2005
San Diego- not CBS, FOX April 19, 2006
Indianapolis June 2006
San Francisco November 22, 2005
Kansas City April 19, 2006
Seattle June 2006
Los Angeles since 2003
Tampa. December 8, 2005
Miami June 2006
Washington, D.C. December 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach June 2006

Last edited:
Questioner said:
Im sure there are many in that DMA who either cant get a good signal or cant put up a big antenna for whatever reason.

I'm 25+ miles from the towers in a suburb and pick them all up with a Zenith Silver Sensor sitting on top of my TV.

Not many people in the Austin area have a problem getting HD channels OTA.

Still, it is a good thing. :up

14 more markets announced for 3rd quarter.

More markets

EDIT: Just saw the other big thread. I found it strange it wasn't in this sticky. Sorry about that.

I heard a rumor of may 23rd for phoenix. They don't generally reveal the specific dates for the next month this soon. I can't guarantee all of the networks will go live on the same day though.

Questioner said:
I heard a rumor of may 23rd for phoenix. They don't generally reveal the specific dates for the next month this soon. I can't guarantee all of the networks will go live on the same day though.

That date makes sense since it is a Tuesday and that is when D* usually launches new channels/services. I hope that D* also comes out with the SlimLine dish soon.

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
That date makes sense since it is a Tuesday and that is when D* usually launches new channels/services. I hope that D* also comes out with the SlimLine dish soon.

Halsted, the local installer in CT, insinuated that it would be out ln late June. Grain of salt.....

From SkyReport:

Four New HD Markets for DBS Giant
Beginning today, DirecTV is offering local high-def channels to customers in four new markets: Milwaukee, Phoenix, Salt Lake and St. Louis.
DirecTV's roll out of local HD channels is part of a nationwide expansion of HD programming that will culminate in 2007, when the satellite TV service will have the ability to deliver more than 1,500 local HD channels and more than 150 national HD channels.

DirecTV offers local HD channels in 24 cities with plans to launch an additional 26 cities later this year, which will cover more than 65 percent of U.S. television households.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)