Directv cabling and electrical breaker panel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twolcott

Jan 30, 2006
My RG6 runs within inches of the my main breaker panel main feed line. Would this have any negative effects on the signal quality? Picture seems ok.. but something just isn't quite right.. I checked and sealed all the connections, replaced the wall jack with high frequency connectors and it had some incremental help but the picture is just plain off.. Esp non-HD.. Grass , for example, if watching golf is clear if the camera is not moving but then the camera moved it all blurrs badly... lot of artifacts around some images , esp ads.. things like that

you sealed the connections and replaced the barrel connectors with 3 gig items, and you SAW an improvement in PQ....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ????????

I've ran analog cable lines near electrical breakers without problems. If you have problems then there's probably a break in the aluminum shielding somewhere in your line.

you may be getting interference from the ac, most likely though the interferance would show up as hum across the lines. the coaxial cable should not be run parallel to the ac unless it is 18 inches from it and terminates across it in a relative 90 degree bend.:) :)

twolcott said:
My RG6 runs within inches of the my main breaker panel main feed line. Would this have any negative effects on the signal quality? Picture seems ok.. but something just isn't quite right.. I checked and sealed all the connections, replaced the wall jack with high frequency connectors and it had some incremental help but the picture is just plain off.. Esp non-HD.. Grass , for example, if watching golf is clear if the camera is not moving but then the camera moved it all blurrs badly... lot of artifacts around some images , esp ads.. things like that

Is your coax "Quad Shield Coax Cable" if not might be worth trying, lots more shielding.

cj

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)