DirecTV could lose G4 (Removed 11-1)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
Based on D*'s recent problem with Comcast over Versus, it doesn't bold well for getting a deal for G4. Hopefully whenever a deal does get done, G4TV HD would be part of it.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
And when referring to this programming dispute, please don't use the phrase "it takes two to tango." I see this all the time from a few of the bigger D* lemmings at the other site and it used by them anytime somebody asks why we don't have a particular channel. It's said to absolve D* of any blame. It really irritates the crap out of me. :rant: :rant:

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I dont know they use to have some decent game review shows on and have not seen any of them. I think G4 is a waste of transponder space but someone would complain if we lost it.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
I watch just one show on this channel, Web Soup, so I list the channel on my HD channel wish list. If I get every channel on my wish list then I will never have to watch a SD channel again.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I dont know they use to have some decent game review shows on and have not seen any of them. .
Right, They used to back when PS2/ Xbox came out.:)

Now its all "cops" and "cheater"

"Cheaters" Is funny because in the Guide you think its a show about cheat codes or something, Instead its a poor excuse for a reality show on cheating husbands and wifes.:rolleyes:

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
Its free on the bud (DVB) although I don't watch it. Not in my package with Direct anyway. Isn't G4 owned by Comcast now?

falkor

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 18, 2010
Eastern Seaboard
G4 is awful . I liked Tech TV . It was informative . They took that skinny douchebag that thinks he is funny and made him a mainstay . It is certainly a channel i will not miss .

ETS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2009
Port Ewen, NY
:eek: I love G4 and hope to get it HD.

I watch Attack Of The Show, Web Soup, & International Sexy Ladies Show on it. My Uncle watchs Cops on it alot lol.

Would be really sad to lose G4.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I miss ZDTV / Tech TV. Those were the good ole days. Leo and Patrick were very entertaining. Had lots of good information. I am surprised that a tech channel does not exist. I think it would do well. Probably not needed as much because people can get their content online.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
Death to G4. . . bring back TechTV

Attachments

• tech_techtKillsg4.gif
    tech_techtKillsg4.gif
    96.9 KB · Views: 226
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)