DIRECTV & Disney Continue Negotiations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Having reached a TVE accord today with Fox's national networks, DirecTV is continuing to work toward a comprehensive distribution deal with The Walt Disney Co.

DirecTV and Disney's 10-year distribution agreement ended Sept. 30. Under an extension, the parties, according to sources, have been continuing to negotiate a new pact that would not only include continued carriage of a suite of Disney networks and services, but encompass new digital rights that would also allow for TV Everything viewing for authenticated DirecTV subscribers.

Not having access to DirecTV's 20 million-plus subs has been a major hole within Disney's streaming lineup, notably with WatchESPN.

multichannel.com

The good news is that the channels remain on air. As long as the things stay the status quoe, I would say that's a good sign that progress is moving forward. It's just a matter of time before the deal is done.

The good news is that the channels remain on air. As long as the things stay the status quoe, I would say that's a good sign that progress is moving forward. It's just a matter of time before the deal is done.
That is a D* thing, keeping the stations on while negotiating, at least they do everything they can before they get pulled.

It would be VERY bad if Disney decided to pull stations as a negotiating ploy the week of the 1st, theres a LOT of Football games on then and they would not be doing themselves any favors by pissing off the fan base ...

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The way Disney and Dish worked out their agreement without service being interrupted, I see this being a repeat with Directv. Disney seems content with holding their "pulling the channels" card and working in good faith.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)