Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am getting word that DIRECTV was not happy with the buy results of the recent WWE WrestleMania Event. They feel the decline was due to the new internet only WWE Network. Because of this I am hearing that they have decided to stop carrying all WWE PPV events.

I sure hope the WWE thought this one thorough.

Great deal for the $9.99 streaming service, but I think they shot themselves in the foot by pissing off the cable and satellite companies which are now considering dropping the PPV

No surprise I figured they would do it after WM and I bet Dish and the rest follow soon!! :) WWE NEWS: DirecTV not carrying WWE PPVs, WWE responds , Tonight's Tapings - As noted, DirecTV has decided to stop carrying WWE pay-per-view events. DirecTV is not listing the PPV on their Sports PPV package, but TNA's Sacrifice PPV on April 27 and the UFC 172 PPV on April 19 are listed.WWE responded: "Yes, DIRECTV has decided to stop offering our PPV's residentially and commercially. The only other option would be to work through the local cable provider." It appears DISH Network has also dropped WWE pay-per-views but that's not confirmed.It's the latest in a two-month battle between WWE and cable/satellite providers following the launch of WWE Network, which includes WWE's monthly PPV events as part of a $9.99 monthly subscription. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_77728.shtml#.U01MZ1dju1o

Last edited:
WWE NETWORK WARRIOR PROGRAMMING
The WWE Network's Ultimate Warrior tribute programming this week will feature:
Tuesday 11 AM - Wrestlemania 6 (Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan)
Tuesday 10 PM - Warrior's Greatest Matches
Wednesday 4 PM - Summerslam 1992 (Warrior vs. Randy Savage)
Wednesday 9 PM - Best of Raw: 4/7/96 (Warrior returns after 3 1/2 years away)
Wednesday 10 PM - Wrestlemania Rewind: Hogan vs. Warrior.
Thursday 2 PM - WWE Old School: 3/18/90 MSG event (Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect)
Thursday 10 PM - Ultimate Warrior: Ultimate Legend documentary.
Friday 10 PM - Legends of Wrestlemania on Ultimate Warrior.

The real question is where's the outrage? When Dish did this a month ago, they were bashed left and right here and elsewhere, where's the same backlash for Direct?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The real question is where's the outrage? When Dish did this a month ago, they were bashed left and right here and elsewhere, where's the same backlash for Direct?

I wonder if Dish had great success or not with it. I have a feeling that the days are numbered on both companies. When you can sub for months vs paying a one time PPV...

I guess I don't understand why Direct or Dish would not offer them at all? I can see buy's being down, but isn't any buys still better than none? Am I missing something?

I guess I don't understand why Direct or Dish would not offer them at all? I can see buy's being down, but isn't any buys still better than none? Am I missing something?

I suspect there is a minimum guaranteed number or something that makes it not very profitable unless they sell a lot of PPVs.

And there it is, can't have a thread like this around here without "when Dish did this everyone did that".

The difference imo,Wrestlemania.I'm sure there would have been a bigger outcry had they dropped it last month.And just because we don't see it here doesn't mean it isn't upsetting many DTV customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts