Directv everywhere ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
Dish customer here, and my contract is up in July. I am planning on switching to D*, but my one problem is that my son who is in college uses the sling adapter from my 722 for T.V so he doesn't have to pay for cable at his apartment. I have heard that D* is coming out with something called Directv everywhere. Is it available yet or will it be available soon. Is there going to be extra equipment to buy?
If it is not out by next September, could I just buy a slingbox and use it with D*? Are there any other alternatives that someone has had luck with?
I'm just looking for the cheapest solution here. I plan on getting an HR34 setup when I do get D*.

I have had a stand alone sling box, and yes it works great with Directv.

Currently I am using the Vulkano Flow player, and it works just as well as the SlingBox, and is much cheaper (for the box, and any apps that you might want for a tablet or phone). Might want to give it a try.

Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano - Watch YouTube on your TV

They also have two more models that have extra features.

I have the Slingbox pro HD in my bedroom. I had it hooked up to the HR34 in the living room but moved to the HD receiver in the bedroom so I wouldn't have to watch what the living room was watching.

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the vulkano flow player. I've never heard of it, but have also never really looked into this kind of stuff.

I have had a stand alone sling box, and yes it works great with Directv.

Currently I am using the Vulkano Flow player, and it works just as well as the SlingBox, and is much cheaper (for the box, and any apps that you might want for a tablet or phone). Might want to give it a try.

Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano - Watch YouTube on your TV

They also have two more models that have extra features.

Very cool box... the ones that record are interesting. Looks like their app is much cheaper as well.

Watching Heat/Pacers game and seeing Directv Everywhere commercial. Website still says beta:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)