DIRECTV Exploit? $180 Costco cash + $100 Referal + $5 MORE. How do I get this back? Best option for

Status
Please reply by conversation.

getstuff4less

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
CA
I think this may be the best option for HD Absolute subs. You get many channels like NatGeo, Science in the 2nd pack. Then you get channels like HDNet w/o having to pay for platinum. I got it for my friend who has Absolute, but is not good with computers. She got it, question is how to get it back for me.

I browsed the DIRECTV MAS site and had to select $5 off in order for the extra $ off. I got a pop-up. Then I went to:
Costco.com: No One Offers Better HD Than DIRECTV
Select a package.
DIRECTV: Referral Program in the same browser. Enter an ID. I used 44375412
Your Programming Selection, Special Offers & Services

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
If you're into HD sports then Dtv, if not be aware that you'll lose 30+ national HD channels (at the moment & Dtv hasn't added any significant # of HD channels in over a year) currently offered by DISH.

If you're into HD sports then Dtv, if not be aware that you'll lose 30+ national HD channels (at the moment & Dtv hasn't added any significant # of HD channels in over a year) currently offered by DISH.

i keep hearing about those 30 missing channels, and honestly i dont miss em. how many are premium?
from what i have found here is a list that dish has that directv deoesnt of non premiums

AMC HD
BBC America HD
Centric HD
Cooking Channel HD
DIY HD
E! Entertainment Television HD
Fashion TV HD
History International HD
HLN HD
IndiePlex HD
Investigation Discovery HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
LOGO HD
MAVTV HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
RetroPlex HD
Sportsman Channel HD
Style HD
truTV HD
Turner Classic Movies HD
World Fishing Network HD

EPIX 1 HD
EPIX 2 HD

I would get most of the channels I want + a few more (FX HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD. I'm not into sports. How about this pack vs. Absolute? I may have not cleared my cookies right. If I get it for me I may switch...Any cancellation grace period?

Because many of us Absoluters are looking at options. I got it back! Try it...

Attachments

• dtvpopup.jpg
    dtvpopup.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 342
  • dtvscreenshot.jpg
    dtvscreenshot.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Your name is "getstuff4less." Your signature under your posts is a plain-jane ad. The pictures you posted are from Direct TV. This is a Dish Network forum.

And many people are switching from Dish HD Absolute to DirecTV. I "getstuff4less" because I have cancer and need to pay med bills. If you don't like saving then ignore it.

Personally I'm glad that 'getstuff4less' posted on the Absolute HD thread, because that's the place I was looking to see what people were planning on doing when Absolute HD goes away. He helped me see a good way to compare prices - especially with D* (which I never thought I'd be interested in). I'm not really looking forward to the receiver differences if I switch, but I just got an email quote from D* and I'll be paying less than Absolute HD for the first year, and about the same for year #2 - and I get more channels that I've been waiting for in HD and less of the channels that I don't watch anyway. Though calling a CSR is looking like the best option if you get someone who knows what they are talking about (better savings than the web quote).

I've contacted E* a few times and I'm willing to wait and try it one more time after 2/1 and see what they will offer. At least I have a written comparison to discuss to see if they will at least offer something comparable before I pull the plug (though I doubt it).

The real issue is that Absolute HD subs are getting a bad deal with the upcoming switch and this option - to me at this time - looks like the best comparison.

OTOH - my wife says she's fine with OTA recordings, so maybe that's what we'll do after the promo runs out. But it is nice to have the channel selection and HD + DVR

You can, D* just confirmed to me via email. Plus the $24/$14 per mo. discount for 1st and 2nd years. It's probably the best option for switching.

This worked very well. I got the referral deal as shown on my first bill and I just received the Costco card on Friday, exactly one week after install.

Regarding the extra $5 off. It doesn't show up during the order process with this method but when you are done with the ordering process, you have to log into your account and select 'rebates' or 'activate your rebates' or something like that. Can't remember the exact phrase but you'll be presented with two options for activating your rebates. One option is just the standard new customer rebate and the other is the new customer rebate plus $5 if you agree to accept email from DirecTV. I will say that I now get quite a bit of mail from them but I can just set my spam folder to take it so it won't be an issue.

Part of the issue with using an 'exploit' is that you won't get to see verification that all is working the way it should. You just have to follow the steps and hope it all still works like it did for everyone else. I got to think this exploit will be closed eventually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)