DirecTV Family Pack Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott, this basically looks like the package I already have - Total Choice Plus. I don't see much difference.
Just saw in another thread the channels not included in the family pack. They can keep it. I'll stick with what I already have.

Last edited:
I find it really really odd that E*'s package is cheaper and also includes fox news channel

Disney/Hearst and company are the ones pushing the yearly price hikes with both satellite and cable. They are the parent company of ESPN" the sports hogs", Disney channels; "kiddie movies", and LIfetime/Lifetime Movies/ Lifetime movies for Women; "The Battered B*tch channels ". Keep all of them out of the pack and look at the savings . Top 60 for 31.99 vs the family pack for $19.99 , a twenty dollar savings. You lose 20 channels but save 20.00 bucks. I imagine that if we could spin the Espn /Disney / lifetime channels off of all the programming packs we could all save $20.00 on our bills.

I would have no use for satellite if I spun ESPN/Disney/Lifetime off my programming package.

I like ESPN 1 and 2.
The kids watch the Disney channels and,
The missus watches Lifetime....

Disney isn't alone, they just got a jump on fees since they had the NFL on ESPN as leverage. That was probably the first channel that could demand carriage instead of beg for it, and there was no substitute available. It's been downhill ever since.

I'm still curious how Charlie was able to offer a Family Pack without ESPN or any Disney money without violating his contract. I hope his pro-a la carte stance before Congress wasn't the price he paid.

Hey anyone know when the Total Choice Family Pack will be available? The CSR's do not know what it is.

Spossedly Mid-April, as the file says. I didn't read that either and thought it was going live on the march changes

MikeD-C05 said:
LIfetime/Lifetime Movies/ Lifetime movies for Women; "The Battered B*tch channels ".

LMAO, My wife and I call lifetime the "rape channel" because it seams ever show has a rape scene in it. For a network that is so
pro=woman" they seam to go out of their way to make women look week and feel thretened everywhere they go. We say shame on lifetime. They should make movies that cleibrate and uplift women, not the other way around.

Noggin is a bunch of kids' shows, but it becomes "The N" at night, and it's not for little kids. I once stumbled upon an episode of Degrassi involving a sex toy. Now, there's a series on about a teenage lesbian. D* and E* both have this channel in their Family Packs. I wonder how long it will be before someone complains to them about it.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to verify if the Total Choice Family Package is available yet. I still do not see it on the website.

Caeboy said:
Has anyone been able to verify if the Total Choice Family Package is available yet. I still do not see it on the website.
Directv mailed dealers a letter notifying them that the Family Pak is available as of 4/26/06. I got my letter on the 28th, they didn't bother with a fax so I guess they aren't too interested in selling it.:) :) :)

Eric Goempel said:
LMAO, My wife and I call lifetime the "rape channel" because it seams ever show has a rape scene in it. For a network that is so
pro=woman" they seam to go out of their way to make women look week and feel thretened everywhere they go. We say shame on lifetime. They should make movies that cleibrate and uplift women, not the other way around.

yep the old Wifebeater networks. Where every movie the women get beat up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.