DirecTV HD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I have a family member who is looking into DirecTV for his apartment. The complex offers some sort of modulated feed of DirecTV channels that are tuned with standard NTSC tuners for free.

They obtain this signal by using a 3 LNB dish on the building roof. They will drop you a line to your apartment straight from the dish if you wish to have your own DirecTV service.

He wishes to get DirecTV HD, however, I believe most HD channels do/will require a 5 LNB dish. The apartment only provides a signal from the 3 LNB dish. The balcony is on the north end of the building so that's not really an option.

My question: Which HD channels are available on the 3 LNB dish? He can also get HD cable, but our cable company only offers about 10 HD channels plus the locals. He already gets the locals OTA with an indoor antenna. Plus DirecTV is cheaper than cable.

right now, channels in the 70's, sunday ticket and we're not sure about upcoming nhl center ice or nba league pass. we already know sunday ticket will be entirely mpeg4 next year as will major league baseball.

so to answer your question.....not much and not much longer.

Here's and idea.... Have him sign up for service, then call D* to request his free upgrade to the 5-lnb dish. Then the whole building can go Mpeg4!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts