Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I've been seeing calls on caller ID at the house from 855-888-7992 since June 8. Sometimes they call multiple times per day. They always call during the day when everyone's at work/school and nobody's home to answer. Never in the evening or anything. They never leave a message on voicemail. I Googled the number, and found that it's DIRECTV customer service. I haven't made any attempts to contact them in quite a while, and am not having any problems with my service that I'm aware of. I'm assuming that whatever they're calling about must not be anything important since they're not leaving any messages. I do this with pretty much everyone, actually - if you don't leave a message I assume whatever you called about wasn't important and I don't call back. They didn't call today (of course - since we were home). Does anyone here have any idea why they might be continually calling and not leaving any message? Are they doing this to any of you?

Been with Directv for many years and have never received any calls. I agree with raoul5788, check it out. Some Google sites say it is a Directv survey but it may not be from them, it could be a 3rd party sales pitch.

as the voice of experience, just be careful what you say to anyone claiming to be from a business. i had a call from "Verizon" once and during the call it just didn't feel right, so afterwards i called Verizon back asking if it was legit. the response (from someone who sounded totally different than the first call) was that it was. a few days later someone had bought a blackberry and had it shipping to NJ (i was living in Colorado springs at the time). so i called to get that taken off and refunded and they took care of it. but that first call the only real account related question they asked didn't even seem like phishing, but apparently it was enough.

Now a days most of these companies will send you an email if they want to get ahold of you.

But one thing to consider. I had directv call me out of the blue once and offer me a new customer promo after my contract was over. It was a good deal and I told the person on the phone 3 times if they where scamming me trying to flip my account I would report them to Directv.

The offer turned out to be ligit.

Since I switched from DTV to Cox Cable last Feb, I must have been called, emailed, and regular mailed about 500 times. I finally put the 3 different phone numbers they were using on my blocked list and their email IP in the junk file. I still get about one offer a week in the mail. The last one was for a $200 Visa card to come back.

The only time I've ever had DIRECTV call me was after I called them for outages, upgrades, etc. It's always been a survey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)