DirecTV on Demand & Sprint AirCard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
I have a Sprint AirCard for my broadband service at my house, I can't get a DSL or a Cable Modem (not available in my area). The AirCard acts as a dial-up connection. Is it possible to use it for DOD? If so, any ideas on where to start?

Ace

I would think that it would not be a good idea as usually there is a download limit associated with a sprint aircard. Unless you were in a Rev A area or 3G for those who use ATT, I would think that it wouldn't be feasible, even if you were to network and share the internet connection between pc's and your D* reciver. If your not in a Rev A area, it would take days to download an sd program.

But, if you really want to do it, you would need to buy a air card router, which the service companies sell for over $200. That would let you share your air card connection with multiple machines, including your HD-DVR.

That said, Sprint is enforcing a 5GB limit each month, like Bob noted.

I am on the "Sprint Employee ACLUB Plan" (unlimited usage) and am in a strong Rev. A area and have downloaded up to 3MB/sec already (not consistently). I was thinking of the Router before, but my Aircard is USB not a PCMCIA Card. Am I missing that much without DOD???

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV HR21

Directv HD Locals being added soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)