Directv On Tuesday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
My parents are getting Directv next week. I got a stupid question lol. It says they get on demand for free with an high speed connection, they are not getting there phone and internet installed for 2 weeks after, can I have the installer still give me the box for on demand and connect it at a later date? Also, they are getting the Genie receiver. They are connecting 8 televisions and my father had to pay 125 for 2 extra boxes. I thought the genie supplies all the TVs no matter how many you have is that true?

Thanks

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There is no separate box for on demand, it's built into the dvr/Genie. You can connect up to four televisions with a Genie. One is the main one and the other three with a client box. If they have receivers/dvrs at the other televisions instead of clients, the number of connections available is virtually limitless.

There is no separate box for on demand, it's built into the dvr/Genie. You can connect up to four televisions with a Genie. One is the main one and the other three with a client box. If they have receivers/dvrs at the other televisions instead of clients, the number of connections available is virtually limitless.

Chip,
The other thing I am starting to hear about on-demand rigs is that with inadequate internet speed downloads take about a year. My instinct is to postpone the DirecTV install until the internet is present.

Word on the street is that defective units are EZ to identify by a trained tech but cx calls generate a SC that has to be scheduled etc. The wise tech might not want to leave eq for the cx to connect.

Just sayin,

Joe

The installer will not leave the decca with you as they will not get paid or reimbursed for it if it does not get connected.

However if they get the hr44, it has the wireless built in, so you should be good from there

The defective deca was the Internet deca on the HR44-200 and has been fixed now with the recent update. As for getting the deca left behind if you don't get an HR44 is a no go. Techs are required to have them call back day 1 of install and day 10 after install. If they don't or won't call back them 2 times the tech can't install it. It's either postpone the install or call in after Internet is installed and have a tech roll back out

The defective deca was the Internet deca on the HR44-200 and has been fixed now with the recent update. As for getting the deca left behind if you don't get an HR44 is a no go. Techs are required to have them call back day 1 of install and day 10 after install. If they don't or won't call back them 2 times the tech can't install it. It's either postpone the install or call in after Internet is installed and have a tech roll back out

Also if the tech installs an HR34 you will NEED to have either the deca dropshipped to you or have a tech reroll. I would postpone.

I'm getting the Genie isn't that the best receiver out right now?

There are two Genie models, the HR34 and the HR44. I have read several reports about issues with the 34 that I haven't seen for the 44. The 44 seems to be much more reliable.

Can you choose the receiver before installation or is it you get what u get?

It's whatever the installer has on the truck. You can ask for a certain model, but if he doesn't have one with him... In some areas they are still installing the HR34, in others they only have the HR44. Let's hope your area is one of the latter.

There are two Genie models, the HR34 and the HR44. I have read several reports about issues with the 34 that I haven't seen for the 44. The 44 seems to be much more reliable.

i have heard that. but i haven't had any issues with my hr34.

I'm getting everything installed right now. This installer is great and is doing a neat job. I told him I tip really well. Looks like he's getting 500 dollars when he's done.

$500? Holy smokes! $20 is probably reasonable, $50 generous!

$500? Holy smokes! $20 is probably reasonable, $50 generous!

Chip,
Don't discourage that kind of thing.It balances out the cat ladies and the druggie who steal tech tools before getting their work canceled after the installation has been completed. $500.00 is a nice tip!

Joe

Chip,
Don't discourage that kind of thing.It balances out the cat ladies and the druggie who steal tech tools before getting their work canceled after the installation has been completed. $500.00 is a nice tip!

Joe

Also covers the tools the little kids always try to take out of your pouch when your working.

I had a kid hide my entire tool bag tool by tool 1 time! I took. I took my bag off to hop in an attic and came back to it being empty! Found everything except my flashlight I keep in there. Talk about cursing! I'm sure I didn't get a 10 on that survey lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genie and Frozen Picture

picture freezing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts