DIRECTV One of 5 Brands that could Disappear in Next Year? (MSN Money)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just keep in mind that when AT&T bought Cingular. They kept the Cingular name for a short while, then slowly began to phase it out into the AT&T name. In fact, they first turned all AT&T products into Cingular, then reverted all of those products and the Cingular products over to AT&T.
Keep in mind that Directv is a MUCH larger NAME than Cingular was.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Please, in my sub-division, they are in the block across the street from my but not in mine, the reason, they have above ground wiring we have underground, they don't want to spend the money re-wiring my area because of the extra expense.

That news came straight from our Township Supervisor when he was going door to door looking for votes during the last election and guess what I asked him.
Theres alot more to it than what you've been told.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
DirecTV has done a masterful job of making it the most recognizable brand among ALL MVPD's. I can't see AT&T getting rid of the DirecTV brand. They may try to tack on the AT&T somewhere either before or after the DirecTV name so that consumers quickly understand that as an AT&T customer, DirecTV is their brand for TV services. How about "DirecTV by AT&T. I guess they could partially kill the brand by a "DirectAT&T" or "DirectAT&T TV."

I thought it was a bad decision to change from Cingular back to At&T but I was very wrong. They do tons of research on these things. I can't imagine a name without Direct in it. Eventually UDirect TV or At&t Direct TV.

I thought it was a bad decision to change from Cingular back to At&T but I was very wrong. They do tons of research on these things. I can't imagine a name without Direct in it. Eventually UDirect TV or At&t Direct TV.
ATT Directv is already being use when you call in to D*.

Reactions: Tampa8
They are not getting rid of the directv name.

Even when charlie had grand plans of buying Directv he stated the Dish name would go away and the service would be branded directv.

It's a powerful name, more than Dish or uverse

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts