Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Attached is a sales flier for the new DirecTV Spring offer.

Notice on this Flier that DirecTV will be offering a new Package called the Optimo Más Package.

DIRECTV Más is pleased to introduce our newest package! Get access to over 155
channels of the best in news, entertainment and movies including over 50
Spanish-language channels with OPTIMO MÁS™ for only $39.99/mo.—$29.99/mo. for 12 months with the Spring Offer.

This fantastic line-up includes Azteca America, Azteca Mexico, Caracol TV, Cine
Estelar, Cine Nostalgia, Foot School TV and many more favorites!

Attachments

• directv_sprin09_offer.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,246
Thanks Scott,
A few things I noticed .....

Of course this is only catering to the NEW SUB again ?
Nothing for the sub that has been with them ?

Or are these designed for us to move to those packages ?

Also it is called the "Spring 09" offer, but is good till 7-7-09 ?

VALID 03/04/09-07/07/09
Isn't July summer ?

I completely understand why you guys like the HD only package. But for me there is way to much stuff watched on SD only channels and there would be a riot in my house if we had HD only channels.

No one is forcing anyone to dump their SDs.

An HD only pack is the only way DirecTV will ever be cost competitive for me. Until them it's Dish.

Looks like the first premium is going up 99 cents, and additional premiums $1, so two is $24.

Something I didn't see in the other price increase thread.

Of course this is only catering to the NEW SUB again ?
Nothing for the sub that has been with them ?

That's because this is just a sales document to things like their retailers, call centers, etc to show the new promo.

There aren't documents like this for existing subs because there aren't discounted package promos once you're a customer (like we all know).

As far as what I read from this promo:

The discount for new subs is now $16 instead of the old $18.
The $3 or $5 package price increases are built into the promo.

No one is forcing anyone to dump their SDs.

An HD only pack is the only way DirecTV will ever be cost competitive for me. Until them it's Dish.

I didn't say anyone is being forced to dump their SD. I was just explaining why a HD only package doesn't appeal to me.

And FTR, I do think D* should offer HD only packages because I know that there are people who would like that. And it would get rid of a competitive advantage E* has.

One of the only things that is keeping me from switching to D* is the fact that they only offer CBS College Sports in the sports pack add on. Does anybody know if there is a way to get CBS CS ala carte?

I completely understand why you guys like the HD only package. But for me there is way to much stuff watched on SD only channels and there would be a riot in my house if we had HD only channels.
Me too, HD only pack wouldn't and don't work in my house either.
I'm far from sold on "if it an't HD I won't watch it". To tell you the truth HD is nice ,but if its only in SD I'll still watch it. HD is just small benifit.

Me too, HD only pack wouldn't and don't work in my house either.
I'm far from sold on "if it an't HD I won't watch it". To tell you the truth HD is nice ,but if its only in SD I'll still watch it. HD is just small benifit.
I was sold 5 years ago.

So much for all the talk of waiting for the "greatest deal ever". The Spring Offer program would appear to be $2 less great than the existing discount program.

HD only

The All Hd package is something they really should consider, because now with all the new LCD HD flatscreens, SD looks a lot worse then with the CRT's, so now I really hate SD.

Premium channels are so bottom of the barrel these days, I can't believe how they keep going up. With Showtime it takes like 2 years after the movie is released in theaters to get on their channel!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beach Bowl Bash PQ

On-Demand Newbie Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts