DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, 85% of United States‘ households have broadband and is used for a lot more then TV.

But if you want to play this game, how much do DirecTV subscribers pay with broadband also.

I barely pay anything in cash for TV services because I use my Credit Card points to buy Streaming Services’ Gift Cards, so, for me, total real money for me is, roughly, $120 a month for Broadband, HBOMAX ( pay yearly) AMC+ and Peacock ( paid roughly $30 for the year for each during special promotion)

And if you want to get a form of DirecTV in about 5 years, you will still need broadband.

Put if you want to play this stupid game, how much do you pay for Cell Service if you have a house phone at home.
What Credit Card are you using that have Streaming services available from ?
I was looking thru the ones I have and have no such luck.

What Credit Card are you using that have Streaming services available from ?
I was looking thru the ones I have and have no such luck.
My PNC Card which lets me use points to buy gift cards.

My Amazon Credit Card gives me 5% back, which I turn around and buy Gift Cards from Amazon using those points.

Amazon is the one I use the most, everything I need I get from there, Dog Food, Amazon, Staple Gun, Amazon, etc, my TVs in the house, Amazon, the only thing I do get locally is fresh food.

I also use Amazon Pay for my electric bill ( KUA), I even get points from that, usually have about $100-150 in points every month total.

Short term as in viewers. It will take time to get the viewers to watch it on Amazon Prime.
Prime has also been broadcasting it since 2017 ( shared with other networks), so people should know by now that it is on Prime.
Thursday night football will fade away..out of site..out of mind..rather than just flipping on a tv..people will have to go look for it
Amazon Prime has 148 million household members in the United States, so pretty much everyone.

There are only 68 million that subscribe to Live TV, there is no way it will fade away, Amazon will put it right on it’s front page, people will look it up if they do not already know it is on Prime.

My recollection was that the deal would also include NFL films library, which is substantial. Amazon bought MGM not long ago for content. Apple needs content.

I’m imagining this more as a partnership than just a rights deal… maybe part of the terms would be teams using iPads on the sidelines instead of Surfaces.
Yeah, pretty sure that NFL Media, which the NFL is trying to sell somewhere around 50% of as part of a potential NFLST deal, includes that NFL Films library. I could imagine Apple making that stuff, and maybe everything that the NFL is planning to otherwise put into the planned NFL+ service, just part of Apple TV+ for no extra cost. But to get NFLST, yes, that would be a much larger additional cost.

Prime has also been broadcasting it since 2017 ( shared with other networks), so people should know by now that it is on Prime.

Amazon Prime has 148 million household members in the United States, so pretty much everyone.

There are only 68 million that subscribe to Live TV, there is no way it will fade away, Amazon will put it right on it’s front page, people will look it up if they do not already know it is on Prime.
Thats ok..but unlike cable or satellite ..where you are just cruising the guide and just noticing the game and tune in..with streaming..you have to remember the game is on, want to watch it and then go find it on amazon..a bit of a hassle unless you really want to watch the game..you cant just flip between the game and another show..once you tune the game on..you are commited to watching it

Reactions: Jimbo
My PNC Card which lets me use points to buy gift cards.

My Amazon Credit Card gives me 5% back, which I turn around and buy Gift Cards from Amazon using those points.

Amazon is the one I use the most, everything I need I get from there, Dog Food, Amazon, Staple Gun, Amazon, etc, my TVs in the house, Amazon, the only thing I do get locally is fresh food.

I also use Amazon Pay for my electric bill ( KUA), I even get points from that, usually have about $100-150 in points every month total.
Ok, but how do you get gift cards like Netflix and Amazon Prime ext ....

With My Credit cards they all have the things you can redeem for, but in my case, streaming cards are never an option.
That said, I don't have specific cards for those things ...

I have my Citi bank Costco card (which I use the most) and a Credit Union Visa.

I could take the money I get back from my Costco card and buy those services, (and I might this year) I normally use that money towards my plane ticket to get down south.
May not be going in Feb next year, too soon to tell.

What, will Bezos Bozos come break your kneecaps if you swap back and forth between programs if your watching via prime ?
Its just not practical to swap between streams..it takes effort..with a electronic guide ..its just a click..then click back...easy peasy to watch a game and another channel..streaming is not clicker friendly

Thats ok..but unlike cable or satellite ..where you are just cruising the guide and just noticing the game and tune in..with streaming..you have to remember the game is on, want to watch it and then go find it on amazon..a bit of a hassle unless you really want to watch the game..you cant just flip between the game and another show..once you tune the game on..you are commited to watching it
Nope. In the Apple TV app on my Apple TV 4K, right on the main screen, it will feature big games that are live. And it will particularly notify you if you tell it that you are following a particular sport or team. Just click the graphical tile for that game and it launches you right into the live stream in whichever app has it. (And, yes, you tell it in the settings which apps you use and which apps you want it to ignore so it's not always suggesting content from services you don't use.)

Its just not practical to swap between streams..it takes effort..with a electronic guide ..its just a click..then click back...easy peasy to watch a game and another channel..streaming is not clicker friendly
Nope. On the Apple TV 4K remote, you double-click the TV button and you can swap between any open app windows (sort of the same way it works on an iPhone or Android phone). So if you've got live sports streams going in two different apps, it's easy to switch between them. And aside from that, the Apple TV supports picture-in-picture between two different apps (although the app has to support that optional feature).

Nope. On the Apple TV 4K remote, you double-click the TV button and you can swap between any open app windows (sort of the same way it works on an iPhone or Android phone). So if you've got live sports streams going in two different apps, it's easy to switch between them. And aside from that, the Apple TV supports picture-in-picture between two different apps (although the app has to support that optional feature).
Well try that with local news or a live tv station..you can't run 2 streams simultaneously ..swapping between apps..big deal ..takes too much time

Ok, but how do you get gift cards like Netflix and Amazon Prime ext ....
My Amazon statement pops up the 6th of every month, I go and put, for example, a $25 Hulu Gift Card in my cart, then it gives me the option of paying the regular way or use available points.

Now, this is only worth it if you pay the card off every month, if not, any money saved will get eaten up by interest charges.

If I wasn’t able to get gift cards this way, I doubt I would have half the streaming services I have now, the first thing to go would be YTTV, just not much value in Live TV anymore since mostly everything is on the apps in better quality.
With My Credit cards they all have the things you can redeem for, but in my case, streaming cards are never an option.
That said, I don't have specific cards for those things ...
My PNC card let me choose what I can use the points on, there were other things I could of chosen, Airline Tickets for example, but I never go anywhere, I am already in Florida year round.

But I just do not use this card that much, get better value from the Amazon Card.

Amazon Prime day is Tomorrow and Wednesday, they are supposed to be offering major discounts on Gift Cards, good deal even if you pay real money.

Well try that with local news or a live tv station..you can't run 2 streams simultaneously ..swapping between apps..big deal ..takes too much time
First off why would I want to, I cannot watch 2 things at once, unless you mean on different TVs, I can have 3 different streams going on, something in my living room, in the outside theater and my bedroom for example, but I do not need to do that.

If you mean just changing a channel, in YTTV I could be watching CNN and if I wish to change channels, hit the back arrow on the Roku Remote, I am then at the guide, select the channel I wish to change to, takes seconds.

First off why would I want to, I cannot watch 2 things at once, unless you mean on different TVs, I can have 3 different streams going on, something in my living room, in the outside theater and my bedroom for example, but I do not need to do that.

If you mean just changing a channel, in YTTV I could be watching CNN and if I wish to change channels, hit the back arrow on the Roku Remote, I am then at the guide, select the channel I wish to change to, takes seconds.
You never perused the epg with your show in the upper right corner?

Some people like to watch the game and switch off during commercials..when you switch on a roku remote..it seems like 20 or 30 seconds..on a epg..its instantaneously..try it!!

Some people like to watch the game and switch off during commercials..when you switch on a roku remote..it seems like 20 or 30 seconds..on a epg..its instantaneously..try it!!
No, I have a ipad to keep me busy during commercials, go take a wizz or let the Labs out.

Lol if it’s taking 20-30 seconds get a newer Roku, or another streamer.

I know with the Directv equipment I had, thay many still use, there was nothing instantaneous about swapping channels. The lag would drive me crazy. Even now when I’m using Directv in other locations I find myself frustrated that it’s so laggy in responding.

So glad I swapped to streaming with its faster response times. Try it!!!!!

Reactions: Yespage

What's worse is that you can't just pause it and FF through commercials to catch up like you can with live TV on a DVR. That's the biggest reason they want to push everyone to streaming for live content, so they can make more people watch their commercials.

On Saturdays sometimes I'll watch 3 college football games at once flipping between tuners on my Tivo, watching 10-15 minutes (of real time not game clock time) to catch up to live then flip to the next.

Just gotta make sure you keep your eyes away from the bottom of the screen so the ticker doesn't spoil a score in another game :)

Reactions: Jimbo and Juan
Status
Please reply by conversation.