DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What's worse is that you can't just pause it and FF through commercials to catch up like you can with live TV on a DVR. That's the biggest reason they want to push everyone to streaming for live content, so they can make more people watch their commercials.
Yes you can, I assume you never tried YTTV.
On Saturdays sometimes I'll watch 3 college football games at once flipping between tuners on my Tivo, watching 10-15 minutes (of real time not game clock time) to catch up to live then flip to the next.
Again, watching something, hit back arrow, select new show from the guide.

I just did it, switched from CNN to CBS, took 4 seconds (counted in my head).

Or, get on satguys and argue with Juan about many different points that constantly change in the same thread. ;)
What are you talking about?.. i just pointed out for people who like to flip thru the guide..streaming aint it..hey if you can sit thru one game..cool..on sunday i flip between games...that aint happening with streaming unless they come up with a multiview screen ( probably will).. its all good

Try switching to a RSN

What are you talking about?.. i just pointed out for people who like to flip thru the guide..streaming aint it..
Why, YTTV has a guide, easy to use.

I assume Hulu Live has one also.
hey if you can sit thru one game..cool..on sunday i flip between games...that aint happening with streaming unless they come up with a multiview screen ( probably will).. its all good
Again, I just tried it, watching CNN, hit back arrow, guide popped up, selected CBS, took 4 seconds.

Thats about the same amount of time it takes for changing with D* ... so I really gain nothing .... actually, D* is quicker in most cases.

Try switching to a RSN
I am glad I do not have it, no desire to watch Florida teams, so no extra $10 RSN fee that those with DirecTV have to pay.

And yet I do get the local teams I care about, have the MLB package, paid $60 on Father’s Day ( and it is on sale from Prime for $47.99 right now) and I get every Red Wings Game via ESPN+ that I pay nothing for since I use my card points to pay for the Hulu Bundle.

Care nothing about the NBA.

What are you talking about?.. i just pointed out for people who like to flip thru the guide..streaming aint it..hey if you can sit thru one game..cool..on sunday i flip between games...that aint happening with streaming unless they come up with a multiview screen ( probably will).. its all good
You’re completely right except for being completely wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo and Bruce
Why, YTTV has a guide, easy to use.

I assume Hulu Live has one also.

Again, I just tried it, watching CNN, hit back arrow, guide popped up, selected CBS, took 4 seconds.
Lets say you want to watch your local mlb game and nfl thursday night baseball..a common occurance in the fall..it just wouldn't happen...since baseball comes alive in the fall..most would watch that..or a hockey game or even soccer

Lets say you want to watch your local mlb game and nfl thursday night baseball..a common occurance in the fall..it just wouldn't happen...since baseball comes alive in the fall..most would watch that..or a hockey game or even soccer
What?

I think I need a Juan speak Translator for that post.

And what the hell is nfl thursday night baseball.

What?

I think I need a Juan speak Translator for that post.

And what the hell is nfl thursday night baseball.
Umm you have games on what they call RSNs...sports fans like to watch their local mlb team in the fall especially..NFL thursday night football is usually boring and meaningless in the early fall..so many like to watch both games by switching back and forth...but alas with the NFL streaming only for thursday night football..thats a pain in the butt

Lets say you want to watch your local mlb game and nfl thursday night baseball..a common occurance in the fall..it just wouldn't happen.
Personally I prefer NBA Tuesday night chess racing.

However, Juan makes a valid point here.

It just wouldn’t happen. This can not be disputed.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce
Umm you have games on what they call RSNs...sports fans like to watch their local mlb team in the fall especially..NFL thursday night football is usually boring and meaningless in the early fall..so many like to watch both games by switching back and forth...but alas with the NFL streaming only for thursday night football..thats a pain in the butt
If I am watching Football, I am not switching to baseball.

Or Thursday Night Formula One in a Hockey Rink.

You are describing YTTV. Which is LINEAR TV. Not cord cutting at all.

You are describing YTTV. Which is LINEAR TV. Not cord cutting at all.
So, I only brought it up because of this-
What's worse is that you can't just pause it and FF through commercials to catch up like you can with live TV on a DVR. That's the biggest reason they want to push everyone to streaming for live content, so they can make more people watch their commercials.
Which is 100% untrue.

Well try that with local news or a live tv station..you can't run 2 streams simultaneously ..swapping between apps..big deal ..takes too much time
I can watch 3 of my 4 local news stations live via free streaming apps (plus all my local OTA stations through the Plex app since I have an HDHomeRun tuner). So yes, I can easy switch between those live streams in separate apps with a quick double-tap and swipe on the Apple TV remote.

Reactions: meStevo
I can watch 3 of my 4 local news stations live via free streaming apps (plus all my local OTA stations through the Plex app since I have an HDHomeRun tuner). So yes, I can easy switch between those live streams in separate apps with a quick double-tap and swipe on the Apple TV remote.
I am glad somebody can..all that to switch between 2 channels...I really feel lucky that I just have to push a return button on my remote control

Actually some do think there is money to be made with the underserved, Star Link is one example.
Wake me when any of this science fiction happens.
ok, one more time, Sports are streaming, MLB, NBA, NHL all stream, all live, it may not be in the format you wish, but they all do it.

As supplements to what is on linear TV, yes. Which is why for the VAST majority of streaming subscribers, it is just that. A supplement.
As far as streaming the rest, Local games, majority of College Football / Basketball ( very underserved ), etc will all be streaming in 3-5 years, no way are they going to leave money out there, specially since Traditional Providers are losing so many customers ( per sub fee).

Wrong. The industry is set up the way it is. It isn’t going to give up and sell you what you want. If you want it, you need to buy it in the linear package.

But you know what will happen in “3-5 years” ? I plan on being 3-5 years older. They ain’t adding more years on because I missed the TV I wanted in some pique of rage and cheapness. I’m going to watch ESPN. Tonight,
And I do not have to pay for programming that I do not want

Soooooooooo, you want every single show on every single streaming service you pay for. Good to know. There is not one show on all of those streamers you don’t watch. Interesting.
And a number that is decreasing, Traditional Providers have gone from 100 subs to 66 million subs since 2013, just 9 years,
Once again, a linear streaming service, like YTTV IS TRADITIONAL TV.
that is why everyone is looking at streaming to make up the loss of per sub fees.
No. They understand that people who truly gave up on linear TV, are uninterested in sports and, out to save money. They left ESPN, because they don’t want ESPN.
So much more then that, when I can pick up the remote and watch mostly anything at whenever I want to is incredible,

Except for most major sports. Only on linear TV. Now and for many decades to come.

There is roughly 120 Million Households that do not have DirecTV in the US, you cannot say that out of all of those that some will not want NFLST.
Sure I can. If you want ST, you have ST. If you want ESPN, you have ESPN. Etc. And then there are people who took a supplemental service and turned it into their primary entertainment form. Nothing wrong with that. Sports are not for everyone.
There has been even some here in this thread that has said something different.

I want ST but do not want anything to do with DirecTV, way overpriced, old equipment, they have no plan for the future except for hoping that streaming Li

Also noticed you are streaming, see you in the Star Trek Strange New Worlds thread, cannot get that on DirecTV, but on Paramount+ you get all the content from Viacom Channels, even get sports, NFL, March Madness, Golf, etc.

Also get the other shows you cannot get via Traditional, just watched The Offer, great, but no wa

You're attempting to redefine a common term used to mean leaving cable or satellite TV. Has nothing to do with linear vs on demand.
Of course it does.

If a person gives up the richness of linear TV, and lives ONLY on streaming, they are a sort of “cord cutter”.

If a person changes from paying DirecTV (or cable or DISH) for linear TV, and switches to paying YTTV, or Hulu or Amazon or whoever for linear TV, they have not done anything. Still a subscriber to linear TV, and the numbers of people who do this are as indicative of some trend as the number of people switching from Verizon to T-Mobile or trading a Toyota for a Hyundai. Might be interesting to investors, but doesn’t say a thing about the end of cellphones or cars.

Of course it does.

If a person gives up the richness of linear TV, and lives ONLY on streaming, they are a sort of “cord cutter”.

If a person changes from paying DirecTV (or cable or DISH) for linear TV, and switches to paying YTTV, or Hulu or Amazon or whoever for linear TV, they have not done anything. Still a subscriber to linear TV, and the numbers of people who do this are as indicative of some trend as the number of people switching from Verizon to T-Mobile or trading a Toyota for a Hyundai. Might be interesting to investors, but doesn’t say a thing about the end of cellphones or cars.

Yeah, you've invented your own definition.

In broadcast television, cord-cutting refers to the pattern of viewers, referred to as cord-cutters, cancelling their subscriptions to multichannel television services available over cable or satellite, dropping pay television channels or reducing the number of hours of subscription TV viewed in response to competition from rival media available over the Internet. This content is either free or significantly cheaper than the same content provided via cable.​

Cord cutting, in a telecommunications context, is the practice of stopping a cable or satellite television service or getting rid of a landline phone. In the case of cable and satellite service, most cord cutters drop them in favor of less expensive options, such as Internet TV (ITV). Cord cutters who drop their landline phones usually rely on cellular and/or VoIP (voice over IP) service. The main goal of cord cutting, in both contexts, is saving money. The second most-cited reason for dropping cable or satellite TV is dissatisfaction with offerings or service.​

The term cord-cutter has emerged to refer to those who end their subscriptions to cable, the industry that once held a monopoly of sorts on home entertainment. With its flat fees and bundled deals, the cable model often means that a subscriber pays handsomely for 200 channels, only to watch a handful on a regular basis. New technologies have provided more competition on the media marketplace, so, naturally, some of those who had once subscribed to cable have abandoned it to explore other options.​

A person who switches from a pay TV subscription (cable, satellite or telephone company) to an Internet-based streaming service such as Netflix. The purpose of cord cutting is to save a considerable amount of money each month.​

Status
Please reply by conversation.