DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope whoever gets it will allow for more than one log on for people that run multiple TV’s, and/or allow for PIP of 2, 4, 6 or 8 games at once, now that would be neat. I know the Apple TV box can handle that now.

Wow! :coco

I remember growing up in the 80s with lots of youth soccer despite there not even being a pro league in the US. Didn't occur to me as a child it wasn't "American". In the Northeast, soccer has been a big deal for quite a while.
Everybody plays it...nobody watches it on tv...similar to bowling and darts

Reactions: SamCdbs and AZ.
I hope whoever gets it will allow for more than one log on for people that run multiple TV’s, and/or allow for PIP of 2, 4, 6 or 8 games at once, now that would be neat. I know the Apple TV box can handle that now.
But what about roku and firetv?.. docwe exclude those customers too? ..

Or you could just use satellite
You keep wanting to be the heel in these discussions, AT&T/DirecTV are the ones who decided not to bid for NFLST this time around , they decided this right around the time they launched, as they described it, their last satellite.

This is not Amazon/Apples fault, they are choosing what they think is best for their business, not DirecTV’s business.

And based on how well Apple/Amazon has run things, I have faith in them.

Now compare that to how badly AT&T ran DirecTV ( and Warner Bros also, bought it for $85 Billion, sold it to Discovery for $43 billion).

Reactions: John2021
D* clearly established the price people would pay ... Now if someone else was telling D* what they needed to charge, that I don't know ...
I never really thought the Networks would have anything in thier contract that said what D* had to charge, but who knows, that info has never been announced that I know of.
I know there's been a lot of extraneous crap posted here, but I posted an article in this thread back in February about the CBS/FOX contract clause....

DIRECTV likely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

You keep wanting to be the heel in these discussions, AT&T/DirecTV are the ones who decided not to bid for NFLST this time around , they decided this right around the time they launched, as they described it, their last satellite.

This is not Amazon/Apples fault, they are choosing what they think is best for their business, not DirecTV’s business.

And based on how well Apple/Amazon has run things, I have faith in them.

Now compare that to how badly AT&T ran DirecTV ( and Warner Bros also, bought it for $85 Billion, sold it to Discovery for $43 billion).
Lets wait for the deal to be done...everyone knows its the greedy NFL..but we don't know any details on anything

Reactions: John2021 and AZ.
So would Directv's rates drop (please, stop laughing, I'm not finished yet) if or when Sunday Ticket has gone elsewhere? This is a huge line item off the expense ledger.

So would Directv's rates drop (please, stop laughing, I'm not finished yet) if or when Sunday Ticket has gone elsewhere? This is a huge line item off the expense ledger.
Customers will leave too...hold out both hands...wish in one and beeep in the other..see which one fills up first

instead of giving the NFL one big blanket check wich was a big f**k up they should have paid by the subs like with the other sports packages. and giving it away don't help either!!!

They had zero leverage. The NFL would have said "no". The NFL holds ALL of the cards in the negotiations, period, end of story.
Also, when they, DirecTV/AT&T, signed that last deal, the belief was they needed NFLST to help retain and get subscribers, boy were they wrong.

Reactions: John2021
Sitting with my coworkers on Monday talking about this. Not one of them will be signing up for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Price is one reason but they also said the NFL Red Zone channel is all they want. Makes me wonder if the NFL might think about getting rid of the Red Zone channel to get more subscribers to the Sunday Ticket.

Sitting with my coworkers on Monday talking about this. Not one of them will be signing up for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Price is one reason but they also said the NFL Red Zone channel is all they want. Makes me wonder if the NFL might think about getting rid of the Red Zone channel to get more subscribers to the Sunday Ticket.
It wouldn't surprise me if you can stream the Red Zone soon, if its not already, I've never inquired ....
I personally have NO desire to watch the Red Zone, I've had it available for years ...
I am a Fan that wants to watch the GAME, not 30 second highlights.

Reactions: AZ.
It wouldn't surprise me if you can stream the Red Zone soon, if its not already, I've never inquired ....
I personally have NO desire to watch the Red Zone, I've had it available for years ...
I am a Fan that wants to watch the GAME, not 30 second highlights.
Its ok when there is only 3 or 4 games on in the late afternoon

Once again, the NFL doesn't care how many subscribers ST gets, and in fact, has a contractural relationship with Fox and CBS that requires the price to be high enough to not cut into their ratings. The NFL gets a flat fee for ST, not a share of the sales.

Thus RZ will continue to exist, because the NFL sells everything it can as many times as it can.

The next story in this line will be all the issues Amazon has this fall with TNF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.