DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once again, the NFL doesn't care how many subscribers ST gets, and in fact, has a contractural relationship with Fox and CBS that requires the price to be high enough to not cut into their ratings. The NFL gets a flat fee for ST, not a share of the sales.

Thus RZ will continue to exist, because the NFL sells everything it can as many times as it can.

The next story in this line will be all the issues Amazon has this fall with TNF.
With no ratings

It wouldn't surprise me if you can stream the Red Zone soon, if its not already, I've never inquired ....

Red zone is available from YouTube TV, Fubo, and Hulu Live. It’s not available as a stand-alone product as of now.

Maybe it will be part of NFL+ when it moves from vapor ware to reality?!?

Reactions: meStevo
Really? I guess I should expect that kind of post from the guy who made the phrase “franchises will fold” famous.

Amazon TNF games last year drew almost 2M viewers when the games were simulcasted on Fox and NFLN. The numbers will have to be better when it’s Amazon only, right?

Key word..simulcast.it was on tv..people noticed it..now its just streaming...how many will remember or care a thursday night game is on

Key word..simulcast.it was on tv..people noticed it..now its just streaming...how many will remember or care a thursday night game is on
You do understand that streaming is the only way that is still growing in TV viewers.

Last Quarter, Traditional Providers lost another 2.1 Million Subs, from 100.5 million (in 2013) to now 68 million.

The majority of streaming services gained subs last quarter, the only ones that were down were Netflix, Sling and Fubo.

People know about streaming and will be able to find it.

And if you are talking about Live TV streaming, the 2 OTT services that offer a full cable channels package are also up in subs, YTTV now at 5 million, Hulu Live at 4 Million.

Reactions: meStevo
You do understand that streaming is the only way that is still growing in TV viewers.

Last Quarter, Traditional Providers lost another 2.1 Million Subs, from 100.5 million (in 2013) to now 68 million.

The majority of streaming services gained subs last quarter, the only ones that were down were Netflix, Sling and Fubo.

People know about streaming and will be able to find it.

And if you are talking about Live TV streaming, the 2 OTT services that offer a full cable channels package are also up in subs, YTTV now at 5 million, Hulu Live at 4 Million.

So what
Most streaming is on demand

NFL is a game on thursday night..most people only like live sports..not replays..its not the same as broadcasting..it depends on your internet speed on how good the picture quality is.....its not the slam dunk you think it is...streaming is the now but its not for everything

So what
Most streaming is on demand

NFL is a game on thursday night..most people only like live sports..not replays..its not the same as broadcasting..it depends on your internet speed on how good the picture quality is.....its not the slam dunk you think it is...streaming is the now but its not for everything
Ok, streaming services that show Live NFL Games weekly
YTTV
Hulu Live
Sling
Paramount+
Peacock
Fubo
Prime

Now you can create another negative point.

Ok, streaming services that show Live NFL Games weekly
YTTV
Hulu Live
Sling
Paramount+
Peacock
Fubo
Prime

Now you can create another negative point.
Those are just cable tv over the internet..for thursday night football..you have go to a seperate app ..create a account ..just to watch a free game...lots of hoops

Those are just cable tv over the internet..for thursday night football..you have go to a seperate app ..create a account ..just to watch a free game...lots of hoops
Paramount+, Peacock and Prime are not Cable TV over the internet.

Paramount+, Peacock and Prime are not Cable TV over the internet.
But those are subscribed to..Amazon doesn't have a similar service...just prime...completely different ball of wax..yankee fans go to amazon for baseball and they have issues..its totally different experience than just clicking on a channel...best part is..no support to help with issues..just too bad so sad..issues like choppy video..all local issues but something that most dont want to deal with

But those are subscribed to..Amazon doesn't have a similar service...just prime...completely different ball of wax..yankee fans go to amazon for baseball and they have issues..its totally different experience than just clicking on a channel...best part is..no support to help with issues..just too bad so sad..issues like choppy video..all local issues but something that most dont want to deal with
You have to subscribe to Prime to get NFL TNF, no difference then subscribing to Paramount+ or Peacock.

And I have not read about one issue with choppy video this year, post a link if true.

Prime isn’t a subscription service? Dang, I’ve been doing it all wrong all this time….

It wouldn't surprise me if you can stream the Red Zone soon, if its not already, I've never inquired ....
I personally have NO desire to watch the Red Zone, I've had it available for years ...
I am a Fan that wants to watch the GAME, not 30 second highlights.
I agree that I would rather watch the complete game however it would be interesting to see how many viewers and the demographics of the viewers who watch the Red Zone channel compared to the NFL Sunday Ticket or even the local or national broadcast of the game. So far I can't find anyone here at work that doesn't watch Red Zone. And none of them ever watch a complete MLB game, just the highlights.

Last edited:
You have to subscribe to Prime to get NFL TNF, no difference then subscribing to Paramount+ or Peacock.

And I have not read about one issue with choppy video this year, post a link if true.
You dont have to subscribe..you have to link your roku or firetv to amazon..that requires an amazon account..the game is free..you just have to jump thru hoops to watch it..belive it ir not..many people don't link amazon to their streaming device because they are not a prime member..prime membership not required..just the link up

You dont have to subscribe..you have to link your roku or firetv to amazon..that requires an amazon account..the game is free..you just have to jump thru hoops to watch it..belive it ir not..many people don't link amazon to their streaming device because they are not a prime member..prime membership not required..just the link up
Is that for baseball, I thought we were talking about the NFL, what they do for local NYY games have nothing to do with National NFL Games.

And my Roku(s)are logged in to Prime, went to the app, gave me a code, went to Amazon.com/activate, enter the code, done, took seconds, that was more then a year ago, still logged in.

Any more false outrage from you and I am still waiting for a link on choppy video from this year as you claim.

Is that for baseball, I thought we were talking about the NFL, what they do for local NYY games have nothing to do with National NFL Games.

And my Roku(s)are logged in to Prime, went to the app, gave me a code, went to Amazon.com/activate, enter the code, done, took seconds, that was more then a year ago, still logged in.

Any more false outrage from you and I am still waiting for a link on choppy video from this year as you claim.
Thats you..not somebody unfamiar with streaming..step 1 create a amazon account is an obstacle..many don't want one

Thats you..not somebody unfamiar with streaming..step 1 create a amazon account is an obstacle..many don't want one
More false outrage, again, 130 million households in the United States, yet Amazon Prime has 150 million members, that translates into the vast majority already have it.

Reactions: comp9 and meStevo
More false outrage, again, 130 million households in the United States, yet Amazon Prime has 150 million members, that translates into the vast majority already have it.
So what
I know for a fact that many Yankee fans are pissed they had to put a credit card in just to open a amazon account..unless its a team somebody is interested..most wont go thru the bother of streaming a game thru amazon..they would tune in espn or nfl network..thats just a click

Its not households..its usually individuals..most people dont share a prime account

Its not households..its usually individuals..most people dont share a prime account
These posts are getting more idiotic, are you saying that a married couple that live in the same home each have their own Amazon Prime account?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4K Events Schedule & Discussion

May Free Previews - Add Notes Here