DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No link, what year was this? Your Microsoft study is 2 years old also. I will provide my own- How many Households in the United States 2022-129 Million How many Households subscribe to broadband-110 Million That leaves 19 Million. So at a 70 urban / 30 Rural split of 18 million Sat. TV subs, that is only 5.4 Million subs. So I am correct, the vast majority of Rural homes or homes thst cannot get broadband do not have Sat. TV.
but his TNF ratings were spot on..nobody cares about streaming the NFL

but his TNF ratings were spot on..nobody cares about streaming the NFL
I care since ST is leaving DirecTV no matter what.

I really don’t know anyone who said that.

You start off with a premise that really is just not going to happen, and very little knowledge of the TV industry and then look for websites, many like statistia which are junk, that you then interpret in whatever way you think proves your point, and more often than not (see not having a basic understanding of how Nielsen works, upthread) are just wrong.

Cable isn’t dying, linear TV isn’t dying, DBS really isn’t dying. Everyone who wants to save four cents with streaming only already has. Millions of people will NEVER have internet of the quality needed to replace TV. ST will be predicated on first buying a package and will be sold at a loss. DirecTV will almost certainly carry the commercial distribution. There are not going the be “10 million” subscribers. Etc.

These are not opinions. These are basic judgements that everyone who understands this industry agrees upon.

You start off with a premise that really is just not going to happen, and very little knowledge of the TV industry and then look for websites, many like statistia which are junk, that you then interpret in whatever way you think proves your point, and more often than not (see not having a basic understanding of how Nielsen works, upthread) are just wrong.

Cable isn’t dying, linear TV isn’t dying, DBS really isn’t dying. Everyone who wants to save four cents with streaming only already has. Millions of people will NEVER have internet of the quality needed to replace TV. ST will be predicated on first buying a package and will be sold at a loss. DirecTV will almost certainly carry the commercial distribution. There are not going the be “10 million” subscribers. Etc.

These are not opinions. These are basic judgements that everyone who understands this industry agrees upon.

Notice though that with all the flaws you think you find in his argument, he's providing sources and reasonable interpretations while you're just providing unsourced disagreements and insults.

Doing so you convince nobody, you are unable to make an unassailable argument by just waving your hands. Prove your point and it will be as certain as you pretend it is - but repeatedly and often you supply your opinion as fact.

Cable isn’t dying, linear TV isn’t dying, DBS really isn’t dying. Everyone who wants to save four cents with streaming only already has.
You may or may not want to ask the owner of Dish Network about that. Cable/Sat have been hemorrhaging subscribers. The number of Americans without Cable/Sat nearly doubled between 2015 and 2021, and not double as in 4 % to 8%, but 24% to 44%. The market, if not dying, is under great distress.
Millions of people will NEVER have internet of the quality needed to replace TV.
If we can get power to the Tennessee Valley, we can figure out the TV thing.
ST will be predicated on first buying a package and will be sold at a loss. DireTV will almost certainly carry the commercial distribution. There are not going the be “10 million” subscribers. Etc.

That's great. We can ignore the huge transformation we are currently seeing with media distribution because "everyone who understands this industry" something something whatever.

Reactions: meStevo
Cable isn’t dying, linear TV isn’t dying, DBS really isn’t dying.
Looks like it is slowly dying here, just over 7 years ago, Live TV had over 100 Million subs-

The forecast: Pay TV is in free fall, as more and more families cut the cable cord. By the end of 2023, less than half of US households will have a traditional pay TV subscription. The total number of pay TV households will drop to 65.1 million, a 4.8% decrease from 2022.

Millions of people will NEVER have internet of the quality needed to replace TV.
The availability gets better every year, as I said before, I live in a Rural Area ( and love it, after 30 years of living in sub-divisions where the neighbors’ House was in spitting distance ), where they did not get Broadband until 2018, while I have had it since 1998 at my first House, then in 2000 at my second House.
ST will be predicated on first buying a package and will be sold at a loss.
Even if so, it will be a lot less expensive then having to subscribe to DirecTV, by at least a Thousand dollars.
DirecTV will almost certainly carry the commercial distribution.
I assume so also, but sooner or later, Businesses need to upgrade their Broadband, those DirecTV Satellites will not last forever, especially since they are not planning/Building/Launching anymore.
There are not going the be “10 million” subscribers. Etc.
No matter what, it will be a lot more then what DirecTV can provide since it will be available to 110 Million Broadband Subscribers instead of 10 Million DirecTV subs.
And still no links to support your opinions.

Reactions: Mr Tony and meStevo
Right after those NFL team(s) you predicted will fold
…….and Netflix is going out of Business

His newest prediction was that Dr.Who was not leaving BBC America for Disney+, even after the BBC issued a press release that said it was true, he still denied it.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
According to Microsoft, 15% have no internet access at all, 34% have less than 5Mbps and one out of two of all Americans, 157M people, do not have broadband which would allow multiple streams of HD video at the same time.

Microsoft’s study picked random addresses and then checked ISP’s broadband availability web site to see if broadband was available at the address. They are assuming that the company’s website is up to date and they can get a valid result for a random address.

Their method is as bad as the FCC’s.

…….and Netflix is going out of Business His newest prediction was that Dr.Who was not leaving BBC America for Disney+, even after the BBC issued a press release that said it was true, he still denied it.
have you checked the latest TNF RATINGS?..nobody cares about streaming NFL games.. almost soccer like ratings

it hasn't yet...looks like nobody care if it does...just gonna be forgotten about and probably be discontinued due to low subscription numbers
NFL ST will never cease to exist or be discontinued, people still want to see their team, especially when they don't live in their teams area, like me, 49ers fan in NY, I can't see my 49ers when it's always Giants, Jets, Bills, or some NFC East or AFC East team on.

On the topic of ST, any new news, it's well into the fall, when it the NFL going to just name a winner, it's annoying we're half way through the 2022 season, and the NFL has said nothing since Goodell said by Fall.

NFL ST will never cease to exist or be discontinued, people still want to see their team, especially when they don't live in their teams area, like me, 49ers fan in NY, I can't see my 49ers when it's always Giants, Jets, Bills, or some NFC East or AFC East team on.

On the topic of ST, any new news, it's well into the fall, when it the NFL going to just name a winner, it's annoying we're half way through the 2022 season, and the NFL has said nothing since Goodell said by Fall.

Expected in the next month or so, wouldn't be surprised if it's not until the end of the regular season though.

• Sad
Reactions: JUCJ85
Expected in the next month or so, wouldn't be surprised if it's not until the end of the regular season though.
I hope they announce it soon, I don't care who gets it, I just want to know the details, what I need to do to get it, I already have Apple TV+ & Amazon Prime Video & regular Prime(1 price).

How much are you willing to pay for the privilege?

How much are you willing to pay for the privilege?
40314A74-8687-43E2-928D-617483ABE616.png

Reactions: Yespage and AZ.
Status
Please reply by conversation.