DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure if this is the right thread , but been reading lots of horror stories about YTTV and the recent NBA playoffs . Lots of glitches freezing , bad PQ u name it... makes you wonder if they are ready for the ticket ..

I'm still sad the NFL left D* , won't be watching this sesson

Not sure if this is the right thread , but been reading lots of horror stories about YTTV and the recent NBA playoffs . Lots of glitches freezing , bad PQ u name it... makes you wonder if they are ready for the ticket ..

They had 2 issues recently with their ad insertion tech, fixes on the way as well as additional features and further improved pq as they upgrade transcoders and bring online things like multiview.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Once again, the NFL did not leave DirecTV, DirecTV got rid of ST by not bidding on the Residential ( went to Google) and Commercial ( went to Red Bird) versions.

DirecTV choose this, they could of kept it and used it to grow the internet version of DirecTV, while keeping it for Satellite subscribers at the same time, but they did not.

Put some of that anger/disappointment towards DirecTV, what was the NFL supposed to do then?

Last edited:
Its probably a good thing that D* didn't bid to keep it .... at least this way we don't have people complaining, why can't it go to other providers ...
You other provider people got your wish ...
We shall see how it goes ...
I think those that wanted it to go to others, wanted it to go to more than 1 company.

The latter was never realistic. The NFL wants this to remain exclusive.
Exclusive is the only way the NFL has done TV deals, they believe ( and I agree) they can maximize revenue that way, evidence shows they are correct, also want guaranteed amount of money, if offered to everyone, it would be too variable since it will be based on how many subscribe ( a unknown number), then that would affect the salary cap year to year.

I do wonder what the next deals will be like, the TV Market will be so different in 2032 ( they always get the deals done a year before they expire), I cannot even imagine yet what things will look like.

Exclusive is the only way the NFL has done TV deals, they believe ( and I agree) they can maximize revenue that way, evidence shows they are correct, also want guaranteed amount of money, if offered to everyone, it would be too variable since it will be based on how many subscribe ( a unknown number), then that would affect the salary cap year to year.

I do wonder what the next deals will be like, the TV Market will be so different in 2032 ( they always get the deals done a year before they expire), I cannot even imagine yet what things will look like.
They want MONEY, thats all they Ever want, More Money ...
Offer it to Everyone and they make MORE money.

That said, not all potential companies would jump on, but Many would.

That said, not all potential companies would jump on, but Many would.
They get more MONEY selling exclusive local rights to networks..if they opened up Sunday Ticket to everyone..there would be fewer eyeballs watching local games..and the value of the local games would decrease..

There is no evidence that is true.
yThat said, not all potential companies would jump on, but Many would.
And that is why they prefer a sure thing, again, they need to know what the Salary Cap will be for longer term deals, a variable amount every year will screw that up.
They get more MONEY selling exclusive local rights to networks..if they opened up Sunday Ticket to everyone..there would be fewer eyeballs watching local games..and the value of the local games would decrease..
Was not that you and Mr. Luxury TV that kept going on and on that anyone that wanted ST had it when it was with DirecTV.

So if it was offered to everyone, why would they have more subscribers then?

?????
The Local team has nothing to do with the games for those that want to see thier team, ya know, the ones on the ST ...
If people want to watch the Local team, they don't need this package.

Reactions: AZ.
?????
The Local team has nothing to do with the games for those that want to see thier team, ya know, the ones on the ST ...
And you fell into the Rabbit Hole.

There is no evidence that is true.

And that is why they prefer a sure thing, again, they need to know what the Salary Cap will be for longer term deals, a variable amount every year will screw that up.

Was not that you and Mr. Luxury TV that kept going on and on that anyone that wanted ST had it when it was with DirecTV.

So if it was offered to everyone, why would they have more subscribers then?
As YOU say, the more people that have it available to them the more they will buy ... at least thats what You said.

Your first part of the last comment was so funny, I had to put my Coffee down quickly ...

There is NO EVIDENCE that the NFL is ALL ABOUT MONEY ?????

REALLY ????

As YOU say, the more people that have it available to them the more they will buy ... at least thats what You said.

Your first part of the last comment was so funny, I had to put my Coffee down quickly ...

There is NO EVIDENCE that the NFL is ALL ABOUT MONEY ?????

REALLY ????
Yes the NFL cares about money, even more then how many watch, as proven by the Peacock deal.

But they care about guaranteed money, not a maybe they will make more.

I actually agree with you, it would increase sub numbers, does not matter, this is how the NFL does business.

By the way, look at how the Commercial Version of ST is going, it is open for anyone to carry it thru RedBird for Businesses, not one company, not even DirecTV.

?????
The networks pay for the rights to show local games..the don't need the package..but the package takes viewers away from local games..A viking fan would still watch NFL when his team isn't on the local channel..but with the package he would watch the vikings instead..fewer viewers for local tv stations..less valuable for networks

The networks pay for the rights to show local games..the don't need the package..but the package takes viewers away from local games..A viking fan would still watch NFL when his team isn't on the local channel..but with the package he would watch the vikings instead..fewer viewers for local tv stations..less valuable for network.
Make up your mind which direction your coming from .... one minute, the support is for the ST, Now its NOT.

If the Networks were That against it, it would not have been happening for the last 20+ years.

Make up your mind which direction your coming from .... one minute, the support is for the ST, Now its NOT.

If the Networks were That against it, it would not have been happening for the last 20+ years.
I like freedom of choice...I just explained why the NFL wont let widespread availabilty ever happen...to protect the rights of the local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.