DirecTV's Plans for 2006/2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stevo/65 said:
Which they are notoriously more buggy?

Over the history of both, Dish Network hardware has been vastly more buggy. They need ability to flash upgrade because it seemed they are never quite "finished" when they arrive in the end user stage. I do like the flash upgrades, my older, super stable DirecTV LG, Huges HBH and Zenith boxes also have this upgrade ability but never needed it because of being faulty.

Last edited:
i dont think so, steve.

the only switches i hear talked about are for the home media center, guess how many of them there are going to be??? maybe 200,000, IMHO. joe six pack , and i am one of that crowd dont give a damn about no stinkin' HMC. there are gonna be 98% of us that never have one. and dont need it.

Last edited:
What i think will be cool is that one line from the Lnb to the recievers. just like cable and there splitter.

Oh well , would be nice. I guess i have to deal with what we have today. One thing for sure it is much easier to install direc than dish, for me it is anyway.

stevo/65 said:
Oh well , would be nice. I guess i have to deal with what we have today. One thing for sure it is much easier to install direc than dish, for me it is anyway.

it always was easier. i hope that continues. and steve it is job security for us techs (the way they have to be wired) i just wish i didnt have to learn all the spaghetti looking hook ups dish has for all those crazy switches for the sbca test.

Last edited:
There not on the test. Though they should note that the power to the lnb is different between the 2 companies, even though at one time they were the same. And that the new recievers dish has put out not even the birdog can read the sig from there newest lnb`s the DPPLUS.

the questions were on the first SBCA test (legacy eq) and although we only installed DIRECTV, we had to pass both systems. I just re upped , hell better safe than sorry , and if it is EVER required, im ready!

dragon002 said:
uh, bfg,

directv has two supersats in the sky, two more going up, soon. so you are saying that ergen has all the capacity he needs? FINE.

BTW directv has committed to vod, internet ,premise wiring etc, your point is???

so exactly is dish AHEAD of directv??

because he bought a dead worthless dbs provider that shows endless loops of cr*p?

charlie better have contracts and sats already nearing completion or he is going to be blown by late this summer.

Dish is at least 6 months ahead of D* maybe 12.

Attachments

• chart.bmp
    514.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
vurbano said:
Dish is at least 6 months ahead of D* maybe 12.

So Echostar is launching satellites for 150 national and 1,500 local hd channels in July this year? !sadroll !sadroll !sadroll

GeorgeLV said:
So Echostar is launching satellites for 150 national and 1,500 local hd channels in July this year? !sadroll !sadroll !sadroll
Look at the chart. Dish will have all the capacuty they need for national channels long before D* and they just launched an spot beam sat a few days ago. A real capacity increase for wont happen until 2007 for D*. BTW you got 1500 national HD channels you can name???? Or 65 for that matter. :rolleyes:

Again E* is 6-12 months ahead of D*. AND they have more than vaporware when it comes to an mpeg4 DVR. All the D* HDLIL is worthless without one.

Last edited:
BFG said:
Wow D* has 1M people watching their "HD"

I believe that number is wrong - it is number of customers with HD - not watching their HD.

Notice on Page 15, 15.1 Million subs.

Notice on Page 17 that 4% of the Customers are HD and HD-DVR.

15.1M x 4% = 604,000.

Or 40% of the Directv Households with HDTVs are still only receiving SD Service from Directv.

DirecTVProjection.jpg

vurbano said:
the chart opens fine here, its out of the propoganda in the first post of the thread.

vurbano,

like Reagan told Carter, "there you go again"

you are saying , Directv shot up a standard sat and a spaceway last year, a spaceway this year and plans two more shots later this year and early next year.. FOR NOTHING??!! they will have shot up 5 brand new birds in two freakin' years ,,,,as a smokescreen???

do you have any CLUE how idiotic that sounds??

ergen just lifted one , prior to that he got control of the USED rainbow 1 to replace HIS piece of dieing space debris at 61.5. yeah dish nets fleet and capacity really impress me!

dragon002 said:
vurbano,

like Reagan told Carter, "there you go again"

you are saying , Directv shot up a standard sat and a spaceway last year, a spaceway this year and plans two more shots later this year and early next year.. FOR NOTHING??!! they will have shot up 5 brand new birds in two freakin' years ,,,,as a smokescreen???

do you have any CLUE how idiotic that sounds??

ergen just lifted one , prior to that he got control of the USED rainbow 1 to replace HIS piece of dieing space debris at 61.5. yeah dish nets fleet and capacity really impress me!

the only thing idiotic is YOU ignoring D*'s OWN chart. Dish is kicking its a$$ until sometime in 2007. IMO its not worth signing up for D* until D10 is launched. Dish is the better choice.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

To wait for new hd dvr, or not?

DirecTV pixilation problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)