Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
New Name, New Look, New Logo on Tap For DIRECTV's Original Programming Network
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Beginning June 1, DIRECTV's The 101 Network will transform itself into the Audience Network and becomethe new home for DIRECTV's exclusive programming, which includes some of the smartest, most daring entertainment on television. The Audience Network will be accessible in 19.4 million homes on channel number 239.
The newly-branded network will focus on maintaining DIRECTV's growing commitment to providing subscribers with premium programming that can't be seen anywhere else. The name change and new look unveils shortly before the new season of Damages and will include a new on-air presence and will be supported by a robust marketing campaign that includes broadcast, print and online media.
"We've spent the last six years building this network into something very special," said Derek Chang, executive vice president of Content Strategy and Development at DIRECTV. "DIRECTV is the only television operator who provides customers with a premium quality entertainment channel for free and the new name perfectly captures who we are doing this for, specifically our demographic, the DIRECTV audience.
In 2006, DIRECTV entered into the original programming arena with CD USA, a weekly, one-hour music performance series featuring the hottest music artists of the day based on the UK hit CD UK. In 2007, DIRECTV adopted the NBC daytime drama Passions and produced exclusive, original episodes of the eclectic soap opera. And, in 2008, DIRECTV changed the television landscape by partnering with NBC to produce and air three additional seasons of the Emmy Award-winning series Friday Night Lights.
Throughout the years, the network would become known for a television version of the nationally syndicated sports radio hit The Dan Patrick Show, giving new life to respected, critically acclaimed programming (Friday Night Lights, Damages), turning American audiences on to quality programming from other countries (Underbelly from Australia, Mutual Friends and No Heroics from the United Kingdom, Call Me Fitz from Canada) and revisiting highly respected shows that deserved another look (complete season runs of Wonderland, Smith, The Nine, Eyes, The Wire, Oz and Brotherhood). In the coming months the Audience Network will announce a number of unique, high-profile series and specials from well-known producers.

About DIRECTV:
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is the world's largest pay TV provider delivering the premiere video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 28.9 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound (when available), access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, award winning technology like its DIRECTV® DVR Scheduler and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for ten years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to 9.5 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please call 1-800-DIRECTV or visit directv.com.
CT

Source: DIRECTV
News Provided by Acquire Media

Not a good idea in my opinion. As ferg said, it will get lost in the mix now would be my guess.

The only reason I watched the 101 was
The best drama on tv
Friday night lights!
Groundbreaking that Direc carried or rather saved this show the way they did!!
I love direct for it!!

I'd never heard of Shania Twain till I saw her on a 101 concert years ago...

Speaking of Shania Twain, how many folks think her whole reality show thing is a totally made dramatic sympathy play just to make great TV and restart her failing career. I mean, I can totally empathize with the bad breakups, but come, losing you voice and ability to sing and perform? Sounds like they are trying to pull one over on us.

That channel has gone down hill IMO. It seems to be carrying endless reruns of the Dan Patrick Show. Do we really need to be seeing so many reruns of that show? I wish they would just show it once and then put something else on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)