DIRT says its impossible to order 722K, you may get a 722 non K

The 722k has the ability for the dual OTA tuner. This allows to have OTA for TV1 and TV2 which also allows 4 recordings at once. It also has a coax output on it. The 722k is my favorite VIP class receiver.

+1

If my 722K dies I definitely want it replaced with another K for the reasons listed!

Ed

Ah I didn't know the 722k could output ota to tv2. I have a 722 hooked to ota for years. I guess I just never realized they were different on ota

I have a huge VHF only antenna and an 8 bay for UHF. I set this up to receive the low power digital ota's back when they first became available. Now that everything is up to normal high power, I get 2 dma's with a noticably better picture quality than the same channel on Dish. All network stuff I record ota. So 2 ota tuners is a big benefit.

Getting a service call would not gaurantee a K either. Plus I'd have get off work to be there. I figured after I made it to the top tier (supposedly) of customer service that they could handle this. But whatever, I'm over it. I got what I wanted.

I'll admit it, I'm a 722K fan. It works well and does what I want. Yeah its not the latest and greatest but most (if not all) of the extra stuff that even the Hopper 3 does, I don't need. 4 pictures on one screen, really, I never even watch the 2 that I have available now. 16 tuners, I've got 8 with 2 722K's, thats more than enough. Netflix, Youtube, my tv handles that.

Reactions: Hall
Ah I didn't know the 722k could output ota to tv2. I have a 722 hooked to ota for years. I guess I just never realized they were different on ota

It's not a built-in tuner like the 722. You have to purchase an OTA module and install it. It's very simple and I think they sell for like $25-$30.

I have two 722K's. for about three years. When I called Dish they gave me the same story. I finally sent an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com. They returned the call and sent them out. But woldn't the Hopper 3 the way to go now?

....... But wouldn't the Hopper 3 be the way to go now?
As far as I know, it only supports 1 ota channel with the usb adapter, but I'm not positive. Doesn't matter, I have no reason to upgrade. I'm done talking to Dish, hopefully for a long time.

Also, WOOHOO, I now have 1 like, thanks Hall !

It's not a built-in tuner like the 722. You have to purchase an OTA module and install it. It's very simple and I think they sell for like $25-$30.

Yeah I knew it wasn't built in, I actually bought one for my parents 722k. I guess I just never noticed the ota stations were on tv2.

So just start recording the OTA and watch it from TV2 with a few seconds delay.

IIRC you can't even do that unless from TV1. The OTA channels don't even appear in the guide on TV2. I can't check this right now so forgive me if I'm not remembering this correctly.

You can do the recording idea. Anything recorded can be retrieved at either tv

I know that. The question is whether or not you can initiate the recording from TV2. Can you? Are the OTA channels visible from TV2? If not, it can be extremely inconvenient to get your body to TV1 and do this. And if you can't see anything in the guild, how would you even know what you're missing from TV2?

I know that. The question is whether or not you can initiate the recording from TV2. Can you? Are the OTA channels visible from TV2? If not, it can be extremely inconvenient to get your body to TV1 and do this. And if you can't see anything in the guild, how would you even know what you're missing from TV2?
I see. My guess is you cannot, but hats when you use your mobile on DA and set it up from there. Don't need a sling adapter, just an Internet connection.

Reactions: TheKrell

If you're talking 722K then the answer is yes, all the OTA is available from TV2. I installed one today with an OTA module and it refreshed my memory.

Initiate from TV1 only on ViP722 non K. Not generally a biggie, unless you are already using TV1 and can't have a short interruption (which could be recorded so no loss there).

It sure felt like a biggie to me! I was dumbfounded when I found out this ability was crippled by software supposedly so as not to confuse two people contending for the same OTA tuner.

Reactions: navychop
Yes! ABSOLUTELY! It would be MUCH BETTER NOW to move on to modern technology. Let us have a sweet refreshing beverage and discuss it over a plate of brownies. Alice made them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts