Diseqc dish positioners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are issues with the AZBox and DiSEqC 1.2.
Move the VBox into the same room as the AZBox.
Manually drive the Dish to lock a Sat, make note of the Sats Position number in the AZBox, now use the VBox's remote to Save the position.

johnnynobody said:
It's official. The Vbox will not reliably work with a 12 foot dish. I can't seem to find anything for moving a 12 footer that is similar to a Vbox. I guess I will look at the Vbox to see if I can beef it up because it's not worth sending it back for a refund.

It can't be official..... Actuators are all about gear ratios and pulse counts. What jack make and model are you using?

It can't be official..... Actuators are all about gear ratios and pulse counts. What jack make and model are you using?

Whatever. The Vbox-X doesn't get the job done. But, apparently, it's a current draw issue. Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time on something that wasn't designed to work with my antenna.

I thought you said the VBox moves the Dish, just not saving the Positions?

It does move the dish and it saves the positions. After programming the sat positions, the problem is that the dish won't stop when I have it move to one of the programmed sats. In other words, the Vbox keeps moving the dish when it should have stopped. It's not a problem with the dish or actuator since the 4DTV moves the dish to the target sat with no problem.

That's certainly not a current draw issue. A current issue would manifest itself as a box moving the dish and a puff of smoke from a transformer coil or some other solid state part and no more dish movement.

In fact my azbox does just what you describe with my gbox from time to time. If I use another receiver or use the gbox remote it never fails to work flawlessly.

That's certainly not a current draw issue. A current issue would manifest itself as a box moving the dish and a puff of smoke from a transformer coil or some other solid state part and no more dish movement.

In fact my azbox does just what you describe with my gbox from time to time. If I use another receiver or use the gbox remote it never fails to work flawlessly.

The Vbox does get hot.

In case you didn't know, the Gbox is limited to 10 foot dishes and smaller, also (take a peek at the specs at Sadoun for the Gbox and at WSI for the Vbox-X). If it is an issue with the Azbox then I'll just have to use the 4DTV to move the dish. For me, it's a hassle to have to repeak the dish but it's a monumental problem for the wife. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a really big deal.

The Vbox does get hot.

In case you didn't know, the Gbox is limited to 10 foot dishes and smaller, also (take a peek at the specs at Sadoun for the Gbox and at WSI for the Vbox-X). If it is an issue with the Azbox then I'll just have to use the 4DTV to move the dish. For me, it's a hassle to have to repeak the dish but it's a monumental problem for the wife. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a really big deal.

FYI the G-box will run larger than a 10-foot dish, I know because I have installed them with out no problem, and have been running fine for years. now they do have a 2.5amp draw limit, which is a lot, most actuators or H-mounts run way below that all depending on gear ratios. now every one should check their amp draw from time to time, because it does go up with motor age, wear and use.

they also say in their specs that it is limited to a 2000 count, I can tell you that the G-box will go way over that an be very accurate with a very high count. I have had several talks with the tech man at Sadoun about the high count of the G-box. one of my pride and joy dishes here is my ChannelView, that is ran by a G-box, and has been running fine for close to a year now. the dish an its mount has to be in the 350 to 400lbs range, an as far as the re-turn pulse count well over 7000. now my amp draw on this is under 1. amp draw either up or down, and right at a .5 amp draw on the down movement.

I have use these motor controlers for years, ran a MotecII w/Pan3500 for years, an when Sadoun came out with the G-box about 3 years ago I bought 2 of them an glad I did. to me they are the best on the market for a motor controler to this day.

1st pictue on down movement.
2nd picture is up movement, from a 10degrees of elevation.

Attachments

• Baby 014.JPG
    Baby 014.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 93
  • Baby 016.JPG
    Baby 016.JPG
    560.8 KB · Views: 71
FYI the G-box will run larger than a 10-foot dish, I know because I have installed them with out no problem, and have been running fine for years. now they do have a 2.5amp draw limit, which is a lot, most actuators or H-mounts run way below that all depending on gear ratios. now every one should check their amp draw from time to time, because it does go up with motor age, wear and use.

Are you saying that your Gbox always targets the satellite? If it does, then I'd consider buying one. If not, then it's worthless to me. I don't want to have to re-peak on a sat on a daily basis.

In comparison, my SG9120 targets the Ku sats all of the time while I can't get the Vbox to do that on C-band.

Are you saying that your Gbox always targets the satellite? If it does, then I'd consider buying one. If not, then it's worthless to me. I don't want to have to re-peak on a sat on a daily basis.

Don't understand what you mean about "Targets"??
are you going to a gun range an shooting at targets??

I use 4-Gboxs here and have never had to reprogram ("re-peak on a sat") any of them once they were set up to their dish. I have found that they are very accurate to be spot on returning to their programed location, and I think a lot has to do with their double counts from the reed switch.

if you have to re-peak satellite locations on a daily basics, then you got a problem either with high ohms on you're 1-run wire or bad 1-run, bad reed switch or magnet wheel, even could have dirt or grease on reed, or in-proper spacing of reed switch. also you may even try to ground you're shield on you're actuator wire, to the motor an receiver an V-box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)