DISH 2016 CES Press Event

oh well you cant have everything....................good bye extra hoppers and all the problems they created. I can't smile enough.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1452037237.849185.jpg

Wow 16 tuners, 7 rooms with the Hopper 3. I'll assume this means we can get one Hopper 3 and 6 Joeys? Exactly what I was waiting for.

Reactions: satjay
Are you allowed to have multiple Hoppers? Say one Hopper 3 and one HWS? I've lost a few Hoppers and like having the backup so I don't go without TV.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wow 16 tuners, 7 rooms with the Hopper 3. I'll assume this means We can get one Hopper 3 and 6 Joeys? Exactly what I was waiting for.

That's what it sounded like...any mix of the different Joeys, though I guess we can say Goodbye to the Super Joey. Not much need for that guy anymore!

Are you allowed to have multiple Hoppers? Say one Hopper 3 and one HWS? I've lost a few Hoppers and like having the backup so I don't go without TV.
I was wondering the same thing. I have 4 HWS and would like to upgrade to H3 and replace two of the HWS with Joeys, but I want to keep one other Hopper for redundancy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I prefer to have two

Yeah...I get that. My post was just kidding after the number of times I've been debated over my preference of the integration of a SJ setup over the redundancy of two Hoppers...so I figured it would be a hot topic with the H3.

So the Hopper3 due out this month correct?? Hmm I'm out of contract now so would be a good time to upgrade and the Go it sounds like is due out this Spring either way Dish hit a HomeRun here.. :)

Seems like it would...not much point in the SJ with 16 tuners in the mothership.
But then you'd have 21 tuners. Of course how many tuners is too much, & who'd have the time to watch all of what you recorded off of 21 tuners? Also, with the Super Joey, you could expand TV viewing to 2 more rooms at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)