Dish 622 L4.05 Software (the software formerly known as 409)

Where in the menu is Auto Tune?
Thanks!

Auto tune is a type of a timer. You can choose DVR, Auto or Reminder for timer types.

Page 62 of the 622 manual - Timer Types

The auto option just tunes to the station that you select and does not record.

Auto tune is a type of a timer. You can choose DVR, Auto or Reminder for timer types.

Page 62 of the 622 manual - Timer Types

The auto option just tunes to the station that you select and does not record.

I find these useful for programs - like news programs - that I generally watch at the same time every day, but I never want to save. So, the auto-tune timer changes the FRONT tuner to the channel at that time, and I don't either have to do it, nor do I have to remember that it is time for the show. I can still use the one-hour pause buffer, if I am late for watching the show...

Bug report I sent in.
to: beta.bugs@echostar.com
subject: Bug Report: ViP622 L409

I wish to report the following bug in the ViP622 L409 release: Switch matrix only shows four slots.

I have tested with a “mad scientist” 5-SAT configuration with input #1 of a DP21 connected to an output from a DPP44, and input #2 of DP21 connected to the 5th satellite. Only four slots are shown in the switch matrix, however “Details” shows all five, and all five of them are operational as far as channels received.

Thanks

I want to keep my 4.05. I am happy with it. I set my 622 to 'do not update'. We'll see if DISH would force it.

I want to keep my 4.05. I am happy with it. I set my 622 to 'do not update'. We'll see if DISH would force it.

I disagree. My biggest issue with 4.03-4.05 was OTA, now thats fixed. Updates can be risky but they try and fix things along with making improvements. You only hurt yourself by ignoring updates.

I started wondering that after posting, now I know the answer
Dish has no desire to "support" receivers with old, out-of-date software. If your box by chance has out of date s/w on it when you call for an issue, odds are they're going to make you update before they help. They can claim, right or wrong, that your problem has been resolved in later s/w... End the call, wait for customer to get update and confirm if the problem still exists. If it does, then they start troubleshooting.

Several months now and I am still not able to record or watch my local HD OTA ABC channel. Combine this with the recent 129 drop-outs for HD and i wonder why exactly I'm paying them $20 each month.

If you assume that sticking a bunch of monkeys in a room full of typewriters for long enough will eventually get you a Shakespeare play ...

You would have hopes that sticking a bunch of Dish techs in a room full of tech equipment for the past three months would have enabled them to fix my OTA problems.

Apparently not.

:devil:

(still on 4.05)

p.s. given that this is the dish forum ... you don't see the :bow: and :hatsoff: smilies used all that much do you ;)

Breakup in picture and sound with 4.09

I am having problems with the latest version of the software. At first all seeemed well. It solved my problems with fast forward and reverse. Now however, the problems with the jumpiness with fast forward and reverse are back and even worse, when I back up and watch some programs delayed, the picture is disrupted with dropped sound, lost partial picture, etc.

Anyone else having these types of problems or solutions?

JC

Several months now and I am still not able to record or watch my local HD OTA ABC channel. Combine this with the recent 129 drop-outs for HD and i wonder why exactly I'm paying them $20 each month.

If you assume that sticking a bunch of monkeys in a room full of typewriters for long enough will eventually get you a Shakespeare play ...

You would have hopes that sticking a bunch of Dish techs in a room full of tech equipment for the past three months would have enabled them to fix my OTA problems.

Apparently not.

:devil:

(still on 4.05)

p.s. given that this is the dish forum ... you don't see the :bow: and :hatsoff: smilies used all that much do you ;)
That's the problem. :)
It's fixed on the 211 with the latest release. :hatsoff:

Didnt read all of thread

Sorry I see that others are having the same problem that I have. The problem only seems to be on the locals. It also happens if a recording of a local program is played back.

I have tried the delay playback and record on other mp4 channels and the problem does not seem to appear.

JC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)