Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
IT time for d wake up and go after these sports channel. Take a look at e deals with Disney.

It is my understanding that DIRECTV is in talks with DISNEY now as their contract for ESPN and others is coming due sometime later this year.

I would expect to see DIRECTV get everything that DISH got with their new contract.

oh boy, new espn negotiations? considering they are already the highest priced channel, i hate to see the new fee to carry their crap. (and i say that as a sports fan)

while I hope we do too...one thing I hope we DONT get is all those sports channels in all packages. I dont care about longhorn network and i sure as heck dont care about the sec network. Put them in the package in those areas and add it to multisport elsewhere. I dont want to pay for crap like that.

I really hope Directv gets all this (except LHN) and Pac 12 this year. The "Sports leader" needs to carry college sports. Only the "big games" are on the ESPN/Fox/CBS networks and there plenty of fans of ALL Pac12 and SEC schools to warrant the channels. I feel that adding LHN in masses will only encourage other schools to have their own channel and that's just ridiculous. Major conferences can have their own network, and personally I wouldn't mind a college sports channel for the lesser conferences and FCS football. Of course ALL college sports and niche sports channels should be in the sports pack and very top packages only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)