DISH and Cox Media Group Reach New agreement!

Dish gave up my RSN a while back, but it was not the RSN I wanted anyway. I just subscribe to MLB.TV @ $149 a year. Includes all games, all teams and home and away feeds. Also have been able to share with my family. We haven't pushed it but 2 streams at once from different locations has not been a problem.

BTW it is not just satellite bleeding subscribers Serious, Big-Boy Cord-Cutting Finally Catches Up to Charter — Top Pay TV Provider Just Had Its Worst Quarterly Customer Losses Ever.

With MLB.tv aren't you subject to local blackout rules if you want to see your "local" team. and I "." local since that is such a broad stroke of area.

With MLB.tv aren't you subject to local blackout rules if you want to see your "local" team. and I "." local since that is such a broad stroke of area.
I had it last year, to watch the Tigers (I am from Detroit), but was blacked out on the Florida’s teams ( where I am now).

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had it last year, to watch the Tigers (I am from Detroit), but was blacked out on the Florida’s teams ( where I am now).

Here lies the issue. You cannot use MLB TV to watch any games in the local Market, so you have to have another provider to get the local games. For example I am between Omaha and Lincoln and am considered the KC market. I cannot get KC through the MLB package. Crazy to think I can't get it and am "supposed" to be in an area that I can get to any game i want in person.

Here lies the issue. You cannot use MLB TV to watch any games in the local Market, so you have to have another provider to get the local games.
I know all that, I care nothing for Florida’s teams, but now a moot point, MLB does a better job on me then Melatonin.

The only sport I watch now is Football, do not need a RSN for that.

I still remember when they chose not to pursue getting them back. Their reasoning was that only 10% of customers watch them. Which is a load of crap.

Whatever their percentage I would say it was somewhere accurate. Most do not want the RSN's if they cost any real money. Their loss of viewership and collapse is a great indication.

None of that is why RSN's ended on DISH however. They ended because RSN's are well aware people won't pay what they would have to if the cost was separated, and they refused the DISH offer. They could charge whatever they wanted, and I believe DISH said they would only charge them operating costs, if they agreed to be a separate package. They refused.

Yes, but fortunate for me what would be my RSN (NESN from Boston), is not the one I want. The one I want is SNY from NY so MLB.TV works for me here in Massachusetts (literally 4 mile drive from the NY State Line) to get the games on SNY. This is one of those odd markets (Berkshire County Mass) where the local TV market is from NY State (Albany) but the sports market is from Boston.