DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

Hoping Dish will allow 2 hoppers with a super joey. 2 Hoppers, 1 super joey, virtual joey, 2 regular joeys would be perfect for me

Unless they come out with a new LNB and a node I don't see how it's possible. The equipment Dish has now is not able to feed that many tuners.

Any comments on the voice control feature? Doesn't interest me.

Just a neat feature to match what everyone else is doing. The Xbox One has it and DirecTV has it so Dish has it now. To me it's just a gimmick, I don't even use the feature on my iPhone. I can do half the things they showed in the demo faster on my own without the voice feature.

Unless they come out with a new LNB and a node I don't see how it's possible. The equipment Dish has now is not able to feed that many tuners.

Same way I got four Hoppers on one dish

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

at least for me they talked about third party developers for their apps maybe we could see some more real soon.

Ugh, that's my current set up (Two Hoppers and a Joey) I already had tuner dreams started :) if it's not allowed oh well Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

But you said it's not possible :p .

They really do need to upgrade their backend.

I suppose anything is possible but the way Dish has there installs setup it's not easy to make happen. It wouldn't be for free either.

Don't they allow 3 Hoppers now? Have to pay full price for the 3rd one.

I suppose anything is possible but the way Dish has there installs setup it's not easy to make happen. It wouldn't be for free either.

Nothing is free ;) .

I think what I'm most interested in is the new Joey with faster hardware. Going from a HwS to my Joey 1.0 is almost painfully slow in comparison. Even the H2k is still reasonably fast when the software isn't acting up. The Joey 1.0 just feels massively underpowered these days.

So - they'll introduce a "Super Node!"

They may have to. This is the part that drives me crazy as a retailer. I'm hearing the awesome news at the same time as the rest of you but I have no idea as to what the details are. Now I have to wait for Dish to get me the info on fees and all the other important tidbits. I'm pretty antsy right now.

Don't they allow 3 Hoppers now? Have to pay full price for the 3rd one.

They allow four Hoppers (I have four) but it's pricey and I had to come up with a backend to support them. It would be nice if they came out with a better backend. I'd definitely swap out my backend for something simpler.

I have 3 722s and 1 612 now. Been working great for me. Would only upgrade to a 3H, 3J setup. But the fact I'd have to purchase the 3rd hopper at full price, plus monthly hardware charges, didn't sit well with me. Will wait and see what I can do with these new joeys.

I have 3 722s and 1 612 now. Would only upgrade to a 3H, 3J setup. But the fact I'd have to purchase the 3rd hopper at full price, plus monthly hardware charges, didn't sit well with me. Will wait any se what I can do with these new joeys.

Didn't you have to buy one of those ViP receivers? Dish has always had a six-tuner lease policy. They never leased any more than that.

Nope. All 4 receivers are leased. Maybe they allowed it for a very long time customer? I don't recall if I went thru the standard CSR process or the "CEO" option.

I think a Super Joey would go on the second host port of a duo node... Note that this wastes one tuner socket (for want of a better word for it) on the duo node. Shoulda put in a 3rd tuner in the Super Joey and one-upped DirecTV!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)