DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Yep got BB showing up instead of platinum. As the previous post mentioned they should really look at the GUI. I almost feel like they just switched the names and everything else from that point is same ol same ol.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well it streamed quite well. No problems at all. They need a new GUI and more titles. There are still many PPV titles that are not part of the Blockbuster movie pass. This seems strange that you would have to pay extra for them when we would be able to get them by mail 1 at a time for free.

Last edited:
So

Update: Just noticed that Platinum HD is gone from the HD section of My programming and has been replaced with Movie Pass under the Premium section(and is checked marked on my account) so I am assuming that means that I'm subscribed to the movie pass feature already. So one would assume that I would have to cancel my blockbuster.com account out and redo my queue at DishOnline.com under their movie pass tab.

So before movie pass was launched I signed up for blockbuster.com mail order service.

Here is my current dish set up
Dish America HD $34.99
Platinum HD $10
KWGN/KTLA $4
DVR Service $6
Protection Plan $6

Blockbuster Mail Order x2 $14.99

So would I be able to take advantage of the blockbuster.com movie pass ? I looked over the questions at DishNetwork.com and none of them touched current dish subscribers/current blockbuster subscribers scenario.

Last edited:
Just went over to the Dish website to review the promotions for new customers. looks like depending on your tv package, Blockbuster movie pass will be $5.00 a month for a year, from the reduced price of $10.00. Still a good deal especially if you have a BB store near you!

Last edited:
Here is what I am getting when I tried to complete registration...... :popcorn

attachment.php

Attachments

• bberror.JPG
    bberror.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 463
i just got the same error message. i called in to dish and the csr told me to call block buster.

No problemo! Que from previous BB by Mail account mergered with log in etc. like clockwork. Smooth transition! For those having issues, try going through My Account and My Programming via the Dish site.

My account, My Programming, then what?
I also went to dishonline.com and the blockbuster icon is there - clicking it tells takes you to a login screen - message says to complete registration - clicking that takes you to My Programming.

No problemo! Que from previous BB by Mail account mergered with log in etc. like clockwork. Smooth transition! For those having issues, try going through My Account and My Programming via the Dish site.

Went to Dish site, My Account, My Programming...Follow instructions, put in BB.com password, but before I agree to link the two sites, I notice a box in the upper right of the page stating the following:
[h=4]Blockbuster Movie Pass Plan[/h]1 Disc at a time
Unlimited discs by mail
+ unlimited in-store exchanges*

My concern is that I currently have the 2 disc plan with BB, and this is what I want to keep. I searched both Dish & BB's web site and can't find any info on multiple disc plans under the BBMP. Anyone have any info you can share on this?

Ghpr13:(

I also went to dishonline.com and the blockbuster icon is there - clicking it tells takes you to a login screen - message says to complete registration - clicking that takes you to My Programming.

Look near the middle/lower left hand side of the page. There is a box about Movie Pass. Click on tyhe "Complete Registration" tab and follow the instructions. Good luck!

When you are logged into your DN account there is a "complete registration" tab on the left of the page. If you already have a BB account you should just need to enter your password. If you do not (like me) click forgot password and you will get a temporary one by e-mail. You enter the temporary password and change it then you should be good to go.

anyone who signed up with dish top 200 in the last month, supposedly includes 3 months of platinum "free", able to get blockbuster to show up on their 722?
I assumed I would get my 3 months of platinum free converted to blockbuster automatically, but, it not happening..

suggestions anyone?

thanks!

Went to Dish site, My Account, My Programming...Follow instructions, put in BB.com password, but before I agree to link the two sites, I notice a box in the upper right of the page stating the following:
Blockbuster Movie Pass Plan

1 Disc at a time
Unlimited discs by mail
+ unlimited in-store exchanges*

My concern is that I currently have the 2 disc plan with BB, and this is what I want to keep. I searched both Dish & BB's web site and can't find any info on multiple disc plans under the BBMP. Anyone have any info you can share on this?

I saw the same thing when I signed up but I don't think there are a multiple disc plan for Movie Pass. When I sign up it converted me over to one disc at a time from 2 discs at a time. (something I wanted to do anyways since I'm just keeping Blockbuster service for game rentals) My concern is I currently have two discs out. Probably should send one of them back now before I get charged for the movie. The current plan is right above your queue at blockbustermoviepass.com I attached an image pointing out the location.

Also, since I linked my account my blockbuster mail order service to my Dish Account blockbuster.com will not bill my debit card. The charge will now be on my Dish Network bill as Movie Pass?

Attachments

• blockbustermoviepass.JPG
    blockbustermoviepass.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Yep I did the same thing, but when you sign up it converts you over to one disc at a time. My concern is I currently have two discs out. Probably should send one of them back now before I get charged for the movie. The current plan is right above your queue at blockbustermoviepass.com I attached an image pointing out the location.

Also, since I linked my account my blockbuster mail order service to my Dish Account blockbuster.com will not bill my debit card. The charge will now be on my Dish Network bill as Movie Pass.

Well, luckily, after noticing that box stating the "One disc at a time." I backed out of the page and didn't combine my accounts yet. I'm going to wait till I'm sure what to do. I was hoping that Dish & BB had it set up to automatically see what subscription I had with BB and then after merging it with Dish, apply the correct charge...in my case an extra $5.00/month for the 2 disc subscription. Hope Dish or BB address this issue very soon!

Ghpr13:confused:

I actually kept my BB account (under my name) and reduced it to 2 at a time, and registered my Dish Movie Pass (Dish Account under wifes name). Ill just drop my BB account and increase the Movie Pass amount when they offer that.

They are supposed to offer 2 and 3 out at a time. Wonder when it will be active??

If they don't that will really suck. BB is slower then Netflix in turn around time on disc in the mail, that's one reason I have the 2 disc subscription. This needs to address quickly.

Ghpr13 found this information for you. Looks like you can link your membership then call dish customer service to add your second disc. I also seen something mentioning options online under My Programming Ala Carte to add additional discs but no option was available yet to the end user.

From DishNetwork.com Blockbuster Movie Pass FAQ.
You can rent as many discs as you like, depending on your membership plan. Blockbuster Movie Pass offers plans with 1, 2, or 3 rentals at a time. Simply add rentals to your Queue and we'll mail them right to you.

Your plan also includes in-store exchanges, so you can exchange your by-mail rentals for free movie rentals or non-new release game rentals at participating Blockbuster stores. Note: Franchise terms may vary. See your local Blockbuster store for more details.
To upgrade from the 1 Disc Plan to a 2 or 3 Disc Plan, please call 800-333-DISH(3474).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts