DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

I think the other than premium channel streaming is going to be limited, until they can build it up. Maybe thats where that new Data Center comes in. For me, just the Plat Channels + mailer movies makes it a no brainer.

You can, but the only "Free Stuff" is basically all the Dish Platinum (now labeled Blockbuster Movie Pass) & TV Show content. All the blockbuster movie pass is to any dish subscriber who had the PlatinumHD package is a physical disc rental medium.

When the kinks are worked out it will be great for me. I was a Platinum subscriber paying $10 a month, and a blockbuster.com subscriber on the 2 disc at a time dvd plan $14.99, it looks like I could save $5 once the kinks are worked out and get 3 discs out at a time.

On top of that I can just not join Qwikster saving me more $$ while keeping my netflix streaming account.

I was about to question your calculations, but I'm dumb this time. I'm actually thinking the same logic with Netflix. $22.98 for Netflix streaming and 2 Blu-Ray Discs + $10 for Dish Platinum = $32.98/month. Now with this $7.99 for Netflix streaming only and $15 for 2 Blu-Ray discs with BBMP = $22.99/month. A $9.99/month savings

I have not signed up yet but wanted to look at what would be available for streaming. As others have said, it looks like just stuff from the Platinum channels. Is there any confirmation that the BB streaming content will be added? If it is just streaming of Platinum channels that seems to be a no-sale for me. Was planning on dropping Netflix.

red button reset/ plug rest works on showing BB movie pass not platinum but it shows the same amount of movies as prior platinum.
The menu foolishly defaults to setting a filter that limits it to displaying only Platinum films. You have to click "Clear Filters" to see it jump from 3000 to +5000 entries. A BIG, BIG error by Dish!
Someone needs to fix this - now.

The entire interface is a clunky, slow horror.
Scrolling through 1,000s of films taking 20-30 seconds to (sometimes!) display 5 unneeded movie graphics at a time is a major pain.
Having to do it alphabetically is unacceptable,
DISH - get it fixed. :confused:

Just activated my BBMP account and added two movies to my queue, one not yet released and one avaliable now. Also have a BB store about 3 miles from my home.... :up

Yea I had problems getting it to work at first.I went to my account at DISHNETWORK.COM and clicked on complete registration.It then took me to blockbuster online page.I had to keep on clicking but I finally got.I added FAST FIVE to my Q IN BLURAY.:)

No problem signing up, had my BB account on hold, now it appears to be active and my queue of 48 movies is still showing.
Dan

I nominate this for post of the year! Great catch on the "clear filters"!!!
The menu foolishly defaults to setting a filter that limits it to displaying only Platinum films. You have to click "Clear Filters" to see it jump from 3000 to +5000 entries. A BIG, BIG error by Dish!

Scrolling through 1,000s of films taking 20-30 seconds to (sometimes!) display 5 unneeded movie graphics at a time is a major pain.
Although, there are 3107 free films after you clear the filters. If you choose the "Dish Platinum Select All" there are 3001 free films, so while the number bumps up by nearly 2000, most of those appear to be Pay For on demand.

A little more... it isn't a mistake by Dish on the "clear filters". When you clear all filters, you are just seeing the entire VOD library, free/ppv.

Last edited:
I was about to question your calculations, but I'm dumb this time. I'm actually thinking the same logic with Netflix. $22.98 for Netflix streaming and 2 Blu-Ray Discs + $10 for Dish Platinum = $32.98/month. Now with this $7.99 for Netflix streaming only and $15 for 2 Blu-Ray discs with BBMP = $22.99/month. A $9.99/month savings

Yeah my calculations wasn't anything other than a quick guesstimate between the cost of dish platinum hd and regular blockbuster mail order 2 disc at a time service at $14.99/month.

Thanks for this information. Greatly helps, I never thought to clear filters and yes I agree, it should be all text based, no graphics. Half the time the graphics stop loading for me and my dish receiver starts to freeze up on a 10 mbps internet connection.

The Fat Man said:
I'm jelous Cosmo, I have to put on my bullet proof vest to go to the two BB stores in my area, both almost 7 miles away and two cities over.

Linked this morning without any issues, also have 2 BB store with 2 & 7 miles. Most of new movies BR discs are available on both the stores. Good job dish..

Hmmm...day one of a new service,and there is a problem?....I'm surprised!.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)