DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

No! If it says Platinum, you only have Platinum streaming, No BB titles.
I have to admit, I was only repeating what Scott stated earlier in this thread or a related one.

How do you distinguish between Platinum and BB titles ? Mine says "Blockbuster Movie Pass" but the titles don't seem much different in name or quantity.

I have two ViP722 HD DVRs. One says Platinum, one says Blockbuster. Can't say as how I've seen any other differences. Same titles.

I have two ViP722 HD DVRs. One says Platinum, one says Blockbuster. Can't say as how I've seen any other differences. Same titles.
There we go..... It's JUST a name change and, in some cases, the time-to-start has increased (starts in a minute or two vs hours).

There we go..... It's JUST a name change and, in some cases, the time-to-start has increased (starts in a minute or two vs hours).

I have the VIP 622 and still have the Platinum wording however our movies pretty much start On demand. I have never had to wait more than 20 seconds.
Currently I have the "download" button that I have to click on before I get the "watch now" button. Our service is through comcast. I believe it is the Mid
tier 12/2. I think I read from someone here that Dish could have opened up bandwitdh recently allowing the receivers to act like they are streaming
when in reality they are downloaded faster than you can watch it. I have to say that I have been extremely happy with the quality of the movies. I canceled Netflix late last year because they dropped Dexter at the time from the DVD Mail service plus the quality of the titles just were not that good. We thought we could replace the money we spend at the theater for Netflix but sadly Netflix can not compete there. For us, Blockbuster has a much better chance to compete with the theater as we don't mind waiting a few weeks after a release. Anyway just wanted to throw out my experience so far.

I have the VIP 622 and still have the Platinum wording however our movies pretty much start On demand. I have never had to wait more than 20 seconds. Currently I have the "download" button that I have to click on before I get the "watch now" button. Our service is through comcast. I believe it is the Mid-tier 12/2. I think I read from someone here that Dish could have opened up bandwitdh recently allowing the receivers to act like they are streaming when in reality they are downloaded faster than you can watch it.
That was probably me that said that....

As for how quickly the show starts, it still seems to be varying. I've seen it both ways, start in a minute or two and in other cases, tell me it will be 45 minutes, as one example, before I can start watching.

So what's the difference? My Platinum shows 5101 titles. How many does BBMP show?
Unless they added stuff in the last day or so, that'd be about 3000 free titles for Platinum, 3107 free VOD altogether. The remaining 2000 or so cost money, I think.

Received my first BB DVD today in the mail about 11 A.M. Signed up Saturday, first DVD (The Kings's Speech) shipped yesterday and arrived today. So far, I am very pleased. Pensacola, FL. :)

Just wondering if anyone posting on this is a new customer to dish or someone who is now is the process of moving to dish from cable or directv Amy thoughts or feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I need some expert opinions about the BB WiFi adapter for $25 sold via the online store. I'm assuming this will be faster than my wall plug? I used to be able to see the connection speed when a movie was downloading in the old screen. I'm trying to find a way to speed up my movie pass/ platinum downloads as I am not seeing a big improvement with adaptive streaming. My 722k is downstairs and my router is upstairs. Other option is to run cat6 down to receiver. Just curious if anybody has had success using this adapter and being able to download a movie in under 4 hours?

I need some expert opinions about the BB WiFi adapter for $25 sold via the online store. I'm assuming this will be faster than my wall plug? I used to be able to see the connection speed when a movie was downloading in the old screen. I'm trying to find a way to speed up my movie pass/ platinum downloads as I am not seeing a big improvement with adaptive streaming. My 722k is downstairs and my router is upstairs. Other option is to run cat6 down to receiver. Just curious if anybody has had success using this adapter and being able to download a movie in under 4 hours?
I have two 722k receivers. One is downstairs & the other is on the same level as my router. The downstairs receiver is connected using the WIFI connector sold by dish. It streams HD video without buffering. Dish requires a minimum of 40 using the onscreen grid. I get between 45 to 51. The receiver on the same floor as the router was installed yesterday. It is connected using a Dish supplied home plug. Downloads are slow and don't stream. I have a WIFI connector ordered for this receiver. The router is a dual band Netgear 300. Since I can't run a hard wire to either receiver the WIFI is the way to go.

I use the Dish Wifi adapter with excellent results. Almost immediate streaming (about 10 seconds or so to start up), excellent picture and sound quality, normally will play the entire movie without buffering...only one movie buffered for about 5 seconds additional part way into the movie. As mentioned you need a certain number on the on-screen guide for optimal results. Mine is usually around 50 or slightly better. Using this with a Netgear wireless-N gigabit router.

Mine shipped today, said Wednesday for expected arrival, but what I think,is that they don't really ship til day after they say it shipped. Mine usually come from Sacramento, about 200 miles from me.
Dan

My first disc shipped 10/3 and said it would arrive 10/5. It arrived today right on time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)