Dish Comcast RSN Dispute

I don't think anyone brought this up, but what will happen to us NHL Center Ice subscribers? I get to watch all of the Capitals games through CI and 99% of them are shown on Comcast. Will those be blocked as well? Or since I paid a separate fee outside of my normal Dish subscription, those Comcast stations won't be blocked through CI. If they are blocked through CI, that's going to be a big waste of money and there should be some restitution.

Center Ice has their own deals with the RSN's, and the same programming is shown on Dish, DTV, TWC, Comcast, etc.

These disputes are really getting ridiculous, but as long as they have things sorted out by baseball season I'll get by until then.

Cubs games on CSN are one of the few things keeping me from dropping subscription TV. If I could get OTA + all Cubs games, I could live without all the other subscription channels.

As far as a few months ago the talk was WGN not extending there ties anymore? and CSN would be hard to carry both teams....I thought is was a great opportunity for channel 26?....

As far as a few months ago the talk was WGN not extending there ties anymore? and CSN would be hard to carry both teams....I thought is was a great opportunity for channel 26?....

Yeah...the tribune reported a week or two ago that the Cubs have a contract with CSN until 2019, and that after the Cubs opted out of the WGN contract this year, that they were going to be coming to WGN in 2015 with more games going to CSN, for the near future. Then in 2020 most likely start a Cubs network. I haven't seen or heard anything since that article.

Reactions: AZ.
Center Ice has their own deals with the RSN's, and the same programming is shown on Dish, DTV, TWC, Comcast, etc.

No, they do not. You can watch home Sabres, Rangers, Islanders, Devils games in HD on DirecTv because they have a carriage deal with MSG. You cannot watch them on DISH and you can only get the MSG SD feeds if those teams are playing each other because there is no other team feed that is not MSG.

That is definitely a concern for me being a Bulls and Cubs fan - CSN is on every day there is a game. After seeing what happened to CSN NE, it wouldn't surprise me to see them all dropped. But at the same time, I look at CSN Chicago, and since they have the Bears Pre and Post Game shows, over half of the White Soz, Bulls, Cubs, and Blackhawks, there seems to be a lot of value in CSN Chicago. Plus isn't CSN Chicago considered a base RSN in almost all of Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa, and aren't the Cubs/Sox available to watch in all those states? I know the Bulls/Blackhawks are blacked out in certain areas but baseball seems to be available more widely. So to me, CSN Chicago has a lot of value due to more professional sports teams on the single RSN to more people. I don't know the other RSN's as well, maybe there is another RSN that has that much content that was dropped.

I don't know how much the other RSN's reach in terms of number of people, but I am guessing that these RSN's are an all or nothing proposition. Would Comcast want Dish to drop them or would they prefer they stay on? I don't know the business model or the legal side of things, but couldn't Comcast want Dish (and other future providers as contracts run out) to not pick it up so that those die-hard people would have to get Comcast TV? Or are the number of eyeballs more important to them from an advertising revenue side of things?
CSN Chicago may make deal with dish on there own any ways Csn Chicago is loaded att uverse promos. the teams should buy out the 20% ownership that is Comcast.

CSN can fit all the teams in they have like 2 overflows right now (only direct and att uverse get 2+ in HD right now) on Comcast systems they still use CLTV for CSN+ SD and now CSN + HD has 24/7 filler / reruns to fill time (it used to just have looping help videos)

CSN can have 3 over flow feeds (and att uverse / RCN / Directv can handle that) local comcast systems? They suck at part time HD next to all other cable systems.

In Chicago, we have CSN+ if Cubs and White Sox are playing at the same time. I don't know if that would be pulled as well.

It would...no doubt.

While CSN Phily as been mentioned as a RSN not carried by any sat carrier, CSN North West also carries the same distinction. The only pro sports teams they carry are the Portland Trail Blazers and they used to air a few Oregon Ducks football games but I doubt that they will anymore. Dish should get the rights to show these RSNs too

I don't think anyone brought this up, but what will happen to us NHL Center Ice subscribers? I get to watch all of the Capitals games through CI and 99% of them are shown on Comcast. Will those be blocked as well? Or since I paid a separate fee outside of my normal Dish subscription, those Comcast stations won't be blocked through CI. If they are blocked through CI, that's going to be a big waste of money and there should be some restitution.
Well, I watch the Devils on CI. Before Dish and ther Dolan Bros had their cat fight, I would pick the Devils feed to view the game.
Now that MSG is no longer part of the lineup, only the other team's feed is available.
I don't know what will happen if both teams playing the contest have no RSN with Dish. That's a good question.
Perhaps Dish will just stop selling the CI package. Same goes for the NBA package.....Who knows. Years ago, Dish offered no pro sports packs. Only College. maybe it will go back to that. If that's the case, I will probably switch to Directv.

Who knows. Years ago, Dish offered no pro sports packs. Only College. maybe it will go back to that. If that's the case, I will probably switch to Directv.

I was thinking this same thing. The big push that Dish had at the beginning of football season advertising themselves as the top service for College Sports - showing Big 10 Network, Pac 12 Network, SEC network, and Longhorn Network. When they finalize their deal with Turner, they will have college basketball, the ESPN suite of channels has so much basketball, ESPN has the entire college football playoff.

It seems that most RSN's have one or two college games nationally a week, almost all RSN games are the professional games.

I got the scroll on Friday Night during Haven on Syfy. I think it ironic, considering CSN Philly's attitude towards satellite providers.
The CSN Philly situation is an indicator of just how Comcast does business. That is why I HOPE they never get their hands on Time Warner.

I got to say I am normally not with Dish in disputes but when it comes to RSN Dispute the heck out of them dish. I think all RSN should be Ala Carte anyway and on top of that if you can not get enough sports between between the networks after noon on the weekends and ESPN you need to get a life and get out from in front of the TV anyway.

How pissed would all these customers be, if Dish lowered the bill for everyone, say $3.00, on the regular packages, then added on a seperate $3.00 fee for Locals Sports Nets. And you could not remove it, even if you wanted to.

I got to say I am normally not with Dish in disputes but when it comes to RSN Dispute the heck out of them dish. I think all RSN should be Ala Carte anyway and on top of that if you can not get enough sports between between the networks after noon on the weekends and ESPN you need to get a life and get out from in front of the TV anyway.
Or maybe the conference your team is in doesn't have a deal with ESPN. You must be an SEC fan...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Says the guy posting on an Internet forum about TV. Look, even if we prefer different programming we all ended up here because we like TV. Telling someone they need to get a life because they want to watch sports outside of the national networks and ESPN is a little ignorant.

The thing that non-sports fans might not understand is that most of us don't just blindly watch every game that comes on ESPN. We follow specific teams just like you follow specific series. You may like to watch The Walking Dead but that doesn't mean you want to watch everything AMC broadcasts. You probably record other series you like on other channels. Yes, I can always find something sports related on ESPN but 90% of the time I'm not going to have any interest in it just like you wouldn't have any interest in what AMC shows 90% of the time.

If you are a fan of most pro sports teams RSNs are pretty necessary. Football is the big exception. I'm a huge Tigers baseball fan. If I just waited for nationally televised games I would only get to see a couple per month. Going back to my Walking Dead example, that would be like getting to see the season premiere and the season finale but having to skip everything in between.

Unless you want t o watch your local hockey team.

Since Charlie did a nice job with CBS, I am hoping he gets CSN Philly when he gets a deal done with Comcast. I had it when I lived in the area and had Comcast. I have a Comcast RSN now as one of my RSN's and Comcast Philly is a great station...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)