Dish OTA guide - Hearst dispute

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
i know this is a relatively new situation. Our local NBC affiliate station (WBBH 020-01) in Fort Myers Florida was removed on Friday as result of the Hearst dispute. I have Hopper3 and OTA w/dual adapter and can get the broadcast channel after rescanning OTA. I added to the guide. However it shows in the guide ”Channel Available”. ( same as the local channel via Dish does).. No program data is populating. but I can set timers based on a manual look-up of my local stations schedule. And it does record the desired program. Is this because the blackout is new ? Will it even populate for the OTA Channel in the guide? I did perform a hard reboot. Sorry but I did ask the techs via chat, and the person did not seem to know.
thank you for any info you can provide

i know this is a relatively new situation. Our local NBC affiliate station (WBBH 020-01) in Fort Myers Florida was removed on Friday as result of the Hearst dispute. I have Hopper3 and OTA w/dual adapter and can get the broadcast channel after rescanning OTA. I added to the guide. However it shows in the guide ”Channel Available”. ( same as the local channel via Dish does).. No program data is populating. but I can set timers based on a manual look-up of my local stations schedule. And it does record the desired program. Is this because the blackout is new ? Will it even populate for the OTA Channel in the guide? I did perform a hard reboot. Sorry but I did ask the techs via chat, and the person did not seem to know.
I believe the guide populated in past occurences. Give it a few days. Please report back either way.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Do you still not have guide info? You can email me (joshua.meyer@dish.com) a picture of your guide with a brief description of the issue and I can work to get it resolved.

I too am having a OTA guide issue. Mine is a little different though. My CW18 channel (WKCF) shows the programming lineup for NBC channel 2 (WESH). Both of these are based in Orlando FL. All the Dish folks want to spout at me is it is not their fault because they are not responsible for the OTA guide info. I had one even trying to tell me that the network has the control over what they show at any given time and may not match the guide. (Preempted programming which I totally understand) However that is not the case here because the guide is not showing any info for CW. Where CW info SHOULD be, there is infor for NBC. They also tried to tell me that the network was sending the incorrect TSID for that channel, which is not true because I have a seperate OTA antenna on another TV and that guide info comes in correctly. Im not a total idiot. I understand how it works. But what Dish is trying to make me believe is that it is the fault of the network and they will not even try to look into the issue.
As I stated before, other OTA tvs in the home get the correct guide info for that channel, so how can it be the fault of what TSID the network is sending through their signal.
So bottom line, WESH NBC 002-01 and CW WKCF 018-01 both show the same schedule in the guide which is the one for NBC 002-01.
Of course I have been through the gambit of rebooting, assuring the software is up to date, etc.
I hope that someone here understands what I am saying and can suggest something to work on getting it corrected.
Thank you.

Attachments

• OTAGuide.jpg
    OTAGuide.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 81
  • OTAGuide2.jpg
    OTAGuide2.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 75
I too am having a OTA guide issue. Mine is a little different though. My CW18 channel (WKCF) shows the programming lineup for NBC channel 2 (WESH). Both of these are based in Orlando FL. All the Dish folks want to spout at me is it is not their fault because they are not responsible for the OTA guide info. I had one even trying to tell me that the network has the control over what they show at any given time and may not match the guide. (Preempted programming which I totally understand) However that is not the case here because the guide is not showing any info for CW. Where CW info SHOULD be, there is infor for NBC. They also tried to tell me that the network was sending the incorrect TSID for that channel, which is not true because I have a seperate OTA antenna on another TV and that guide info comes in correctly. Im not a total idiot. I understand how it works. But what Dish is trying to make me believe is that it is the fault of the network and they will not even try to look into the issue.
As I stated before, other OTA tvs in the home get the correct guide info for that channel, so how can it be the fault of what TSID the network is sending through their signal.
So bottom line, WESH NBC 002-01 and CW WKCF 018-01 both show the same schedule in the guide which is the one for NBC 002-01.
Of course I have been through the gambit of rebooting, assuring the software is up to date, etc.
I hope that someone here understands what I am saying and can suggest something to work on getting it corrected.
Thank you.

I can have them look at this.

I can have them look at this.
Thank you.
I will say this. Josh M. said he could have them look at my issue and boy something went right! My guide info for that channel is now corrected! And very quickly I might add! How pleased I am to say that someone DOES care enough to go to bat for a consumer.
Thank you very much Josh M!

I'm happy to hear this worked out so quickly for you. In speaking with Josh, my situation appears to be a bit more involved, but I am confident he will follow through in getting this done for me in the next 10-12 days.

Reactions: charlesrshell