Dish Commercials Very LOUD!

This is my main reason for not watching live TV.
If I had to set thru all the commercials on a spike or TNT program, I would go insane.
Lot nicer just to set the DVR to record all my shows and watch them even just an hour later. That way I can skip the crap.

This is my main reason for not watching live TV.
If I had to set thru all the commercials on a spike or TNT program, I would go insane.
Lot nicer just to set the DVR to record all my shows and watch them even just an hour later. That way I can skip the crap.

Yeah, I have to admit also that I record a lot more programs and watch them when I want to, rather than watch live TV. A lot of times it just so much more convenient to record a program due to being busy doing other things, and I do like that skipping through the commercials takes off about 10 minutes per program time, give or take.

Ghpr13:)

Digital Audio is not as easy as analog. A analog limiter is very easy to do. However, for digital, there are aduio cards with level adjustments that Dish could put in their racks between insert and the router that switches these into the various streams. Since virtually ALL of Dish's inserts are bad, this can be done. If it is not bad on all, they need to do this on the main feeds to set the correct Digital levels. If they were a broadcaster, the FCC and their network would be down their throats fast. I know where I worked we went though this and corrected it darn fast.

Dish charges extra money for ads with higher level, its all about the money I wish I could run my mouth on dish but that seems to be frown upon and censored in this forum. So DISH JAJA?NIEJS ZA

Dish charges extra money for ads with higher level, its all about the money I wish I could run my mouth on dish but that seems to be frown upon and censored in this forum. So DISH JAJA?NIEJS ZA

Well there you read it fellow E* subs! We have our answer! Thank you Cband55!:eek:

Ghpr13:D

These ads are killing me...

I have an Onkyo 608 (connected to my 722) and it really can't deal with the volume change even if set at "ultra max stop blaring commercial" mode. I mean, these commercials are DOUBLE the volume of what I am watching and the modes in the receiver, like late night, THX loudness plus and dynamic volume are meant to deal with relatively small volume spikes - not abusive decibel levels.

I guess what it is coming down to is that I just can't watch live TV or when I do, I need to keep my remote in hand and hit mute on every commercial until what I am watching returns...

I have learned where the mute button is on my remote for all commercials.

A little peace and quiet in the vast wasteland.

Only be censored if it's obscene. Since it is in Czech I have a feeling that there is a good possibility of it being obscene. :censored:

Remember when cable didn't have commercials? When the only thing the cable channels promoted was upcoming shows on their channel? I can remember when cable came to the northwest suburbs of Chicago. That was one of the big selling points. No more commercials because you're paying for the programming. Now not only do we get commercials, but we get to see commercials for other networks on the the channel we're watching, because they've part of "the network family".
At least they make it easy for us "old timers" to hear these commercials!:D

Yes, the times they are changing...
Ghpr13:)

I just got the L670 software update for the 722 and unfortunately they did not add the dynamic volume limiter (from the 722k.)

Although they did add the worthless Dish on Demand stuff I will never, ever use.

Does anyone have a list of the offending advertisers? If so, I'd use it to out together a list of addresses to mail letters to, as mentioned earlier.

This infuriates me. When one of the blaring commercials comes on I want to call the company and scream at the poor guy who answers the phone but I know it's got nothing to do with them personally so I don't. I don't even know if the individual advertisers have anything to do with it either. Just seems like Dish Network is the main culprit since it's always either one of their own ads or one they're running for a third party. So I don't even know who to scream at but I would really, really love to scream at someone. Please tell me who I can scream at and I will. Very loudly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)