Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

cditty said:
I wish, at the very least, that 'Dropping' was spelled correctly in this thread title. Take a moment to spell, folks.

Forgive me for the spelling mishap. I had my gallbladder removed and am using satguys to distract me from the pain. lol

Wesro said:
Wife just had hers removed Tuesday, no fun at all. Hope it heals quickly for you.

My post was a jab at the poster for a jab he took at me for being a dumb ass. lol

Hope your wife is feeling better!!

The Mariners game was two hours and ten minutes late getting HD on FSN last night 9/8/10 this was not a JIP game. The guide said 7:00 pm real time 9:10 pm.

BTW I hope that EVERY time it is time for a company to go to the table for a new deal with DISH or anyone else that these companies don't start this "You might lose your channels" BS before the real talks even start.

It appears that's the new trend with these companies. Just their tactic to show their viewers that they are negotiating with X company and want to put the blame on the TV providers. :(

At least I apologized for mine... But you got me good... LOL

And I am healing nicely, it's just a painful first couple of days.

I thought you would like that.:)

Glad your feeling better!!

Do people really still read Swanni? Especially folks who are on here.....pretty pathetic....

Maybe Scott can shed some more light on this:

News Digest
Dish Network Could Lose Fox Programming
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (September 8, 2010) -- Dish Network subscribers apparently are facing the possibility of losing some Fox programming networks on October 1.

Some local Fox affiliates are now posting notices at their web sites saying that Dish may stop carrying Fox Sports, FX and National Geographic on October 1. And the satcaster could stop carrying the local Fox affiliates on November 1, the notices say.

If an agreement is not reached, it would mean that Dish viewers would lose everything from Fox's new fall season to regional sports broadcast by Fox Sports channels to Sons of Anarchy on FX.

While neither Fox or Dish Network have issued press releases, the notices would indicate that the two companies are having trouble negotiating a new carriage agreement.

Battles between TV providers and programmers have escalated in recent months with programmers asking for increases to carry their lineups. In June, Dish was forced to drop four Disney high-def channels when it could not reach a new carriage agreement with the programmer; the channels are still off the air.

See more below.

At MyFoxDFW.com, the web site for the Fox Dallas affiliate, WDFW, the warning notice says Dish subscribers should go to getwhatIpaidfor.com to get more information about the impasse. However, as of this afternoon, the web site had not been established.

The notice also says viewers can call 1-877-99-I-PAID for more information. The line was busy when called today several times by TVPredictions.com.

Do people really still read Swanni? Especially folks who are on here.....pretty pathetic....

Did you read the article.......I'm sure you did.

Count yourself has being pathetic.;)

All the more reason to bundle sports packages as separate. If you want sports, sports, sports, fine--pay for them. If you don't, then you don't have to pay for them. Personally, I could care less about the sports packages but I know there are people who can't live without them--and I'm fine with that. ESPNs, and FOX RSN, etc... I know, I know--it's easier said than done... but part of the reason is because it's never really been done that way before (at least in USA).. But it's the laws of contracts... NOT the laws of physics that is keeping it from happening.

If there was a 'cartoon' package I would get that (for the kids) because I have kids... (Well, for me too, can't live without the classic Bugs, Daffy, and road runner LOL stuff!!) I know there's lots of viewers out there without kids where Disney and cartoon channels are worthless... So why should they pay?

All the more reason to bundle sports packages as separate. If you want sports, sports, sports, fine--pay for them. If you don't, then you don't have to pay for them.
Funny... because they don't bundle it like that, it is cheaper for me to go Dish Net verses Directv. If I wanted Starz and Encore... and the Sports pack, that is two premiums via Directv. With Dish, Encore comes with 250... as do the important sport channels.

What I am wondering is why FOX is posturing this early in the game? From all account DISH's deal with FOX does not even expire until the end of the year.

FOX needs to get deals done with Cablevision and Mediacom before they even get to DISH.

Something don't seem right here.

What I am wondering is why FOX is posturing this early in the game? From all account DISH's deal with FOX does not even expire until the end of the year.

FOX needs to get deals done with Cablevision and Mediacom before they even get to DISH.

Maybe they understand that deals with Cablevision and Mediacom aren't going to go well and they want to make it look like Dish as a place for the cable subs to go is not a good idea either....

Did you read the article.......I'm sure you did.

Count yourself has being pathetic.;)

Nope, sure didn't. It says TVpredictions.com....avert your eyes at any cost! :p

Swanni is pathetic. Once the guy EVER gives credit for the reports he copies, I might consider giving him a nod, but I don't need to worry about that.

FOX probably wants nice increases for their owned and operated affliates, so they are ratcheting up the PR machine early. They want these companies to be aware they are serious and going to battle over these fees.

Content carriers and providers need to wake up. Their days are getitng numbered. While I am not a fan of the AppleTV I see products such as this putting a dent into their numbers.

Why should I pay $100 a month when I can pay $30 for a series. If I watch say 10 different series shows that is $300 for the year plus I may spend $10 a month for netflix. Throw in Hulu content as well and the need for providers is not as great.

They are going to have to stop packaging all these crap channels with channels we want. I would think the majority of us here could live with 10 to 20 channels....some of the channels could consolidate.....there really is no need for all the garbage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts