Dish Customer Service not like the old days.

You are a lot more techy then the normal DISH customer.

With the Hopper 3 system using Hybrid LNB's and other Hybrid stuff mixed it older Hoppers are not compatible with it.

But knowing you, you have a second dish setup, which for the limited DISH CSR's they don't know how to deal with that in their systems. And the CSRs DISH is using are not their normal good CSR's here in the US as most of the call centers have been closed.

In the past to get setups like this approved they needed to be approved directly by Viveck. (But hes not with DISH anymore)

Since you were a former retailer, perhaps you can ping Amir for help and explain to him what you have going on.

We live in strange times. I can't wait to get back to normal. :D

I agree crazy times. Time to head outside with the fully charged AI and do some c-banding its been way to long.

Haha want to come over and check it out before you start running your mouth?
There's nothing to check out. You CANNOT have a Hooper 3 and Hopper 2000. They can't just wave a magic wand and make it happen. They're not compatible in Dish's system. You think some guy sitting in a cubicle in the Philippines is going to be able to re-write the parameters of what is and isn't allowed??

You are a lot more techy then the normal DISH customer.

With the Hopper 3 system using Hybrid LNB's and other Hybrid stuff mixed it older Hoppers are not compatible with it.

But knowing you, you have a second dish setup, which for the limited DISH CSR's they don't know how to deal with that in their systems. And the CSRs DISH is using are not their normal good CSR's here in the US as most of the call centers have been closed.

In the past to get setups like this approved they needed to be approved directly by Viveck. (But hes not with DISH anymore)

Since you were a former retailer, perhaps you can ping Amir for help and explain to him what you have going on.

We live in strange times. I can't wait to get back to normal. :D
Just to note, Hopper 2000's and Hopper slings DO work with Hybrid LNB's and Hubs. We don't use DPP or Nodes for any Hopper install anymore (Except Duo's, but you can go either way and I use Hybrid only).

However, the only other receiver allowed with a Hooper 3 in Dish's configurations is another Hopper 3, Joey 3 and 4K, WiFi Joeys and Wallys for campers and the like( Scott Greczkowski I know you know this). You cannot just call Dish and say, for example, I have a722 and 211 and I'd like to swap the 211 for a hopper. Can't happen, won't happen in Dish's parameters.

Now, as a tech, I COULD make your setup work (Same with the above listed), physically, but their system wouldn't let you activate the Hopper 2000 as long as the Hopper 3 is active

There's nothing to check out. You CANNOT have a Hooper 3 and Hopper 2000. They can't just wave a magic wand and make it happen. They're not compatible in Dish's system. You think some guy sitting in a cubicle in the Philippines is going to be able to re-write the parameters of what is and isn't allowed??

I do have a magic wand man. I change folks lives so they never have to deal with giant companies that are just difficult to deal with.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: HipKat and the mack
Sure why not, hes got a gripe and pays for his service, hes entitled to.

But now he knows the reason why. We live in strange times. :D
Well, I for one will be putting him on ignore for this poorly written and off-base flame-out. Never thought I'd see the day when I would put a staff member on ignore.

EDIT: I guess I can't even do that.

I'll ask. Is this the kind of behavior we should be seeing from a staff member here?

I did not do anything wrong just expressing my opinion. Your the one who came out and personally attacked me. You had a choice not to personally attack me but you choice too. Shame on you.

Well, I for one will be putting him on ignore for this poorly written and off-base flame-out. Never thought I'd see the day when I would put a staff member on ignore.

Don't worry i just ignored you. I don't hang around people that discriminate its just wrong and un-american.

Same as listening to somebody complain about grammar and every other thing that does not meet your high standards.
This is a discussion forum btw, people discuss things the only way they know how.:)
There is a click like atmosphere like a f'ing sewing circle here big time. You guys know who you are.

Same as listening to somebody complain about grammar and every other thing that does not meet your high standards.
This is a discussion forum btw, people discuss things the only way they know how.:)
There is a click like atmosphere here like a f'ing sewing circle here big time. You guys know who you are.
My last post on this, I promise. My "high standards" is only a 3rd-grade level of basic grammar and spelling. If that is considered high and tolerated more than pointing it out, then that is part of the problem of the dumbing down of society.

That, coupled with the misguided rant is what prompted me to say anything in the first place.

Everybody has strong and weak traits.
Don't discount someone who does not meet certain standards.
Some people excel at different things.
They guy with perfect grammar may not be able to change a flat tire or do a oil change for example.

My last post on this, I promise. My "high standards" is only a 3rd-grade level of basic grammar and spelling. If that is considered high and tolerated more than pointing it out, then that is part of the problem of the dumbing down of society.

That, coupled with the misguided rant is what prompted me to say anything in the first place.

My last post to you on this. You should leave your University of i'm better and discriminate and go stand around people coughing it could be a wonderful experience for you lol :) joking of course.

Stay safe out there Folks.

• Haha
Reactions: the mack
There's nothing to check out.

Scott (not wallyhts unless I missed something) tells us wallyhts's dad's setup includes two dishes. So it would appear he could have physically added an old H2K, but can't because of The Rules. Too bad about that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott (not wallyhts unless I missed something) tells us wallyhts's dad's setup includes two dishes. So it would appear he could have physically added an old H2K, but can't because of The Rules. Too bad about that.
They are not going to change the rules for this particular customer. If wallyhts parents want another room serviced they have the opportunity to add, either lease or buy, a Joey. It's that simple. There is nothing holy about reactivating the Hopper 2000.