New customer offers

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
My mother in law is looking to get rid of Spectrum and try streaming. She's terrible with technology so I was considering suggesting Dish to her but I am completely out of the loop on new customer offers. Does anyone know the current/best offers? She won't want a DVR...will they install a Wally or is it Hopper only for new customers?

From what I've seen they've been handing out almost strictly hopper3. If you want the wally you are going to have to ask for it. As far as offers go I haven't heard anything specific. Just the normal $5 off dvr and $2 off additional receivers which wouldn't apply to a single wally.

My mother in law is looking to get rid of Spectrum and try streaming. She's terrible with technology so I was considering suggesting Dish to her but I am completely out of the loop on new customer offers. Does anyone know the current/best offers? She won't want a DVR...will they install a Wally or is it Hopper only for new customers?
When you say"get rid of Spectrum" do you mean Spectrum's TV offerings or Spectrums Internet offering or both? If both then how would she stream? Also my 85 year old MIL is plenty happy using YT TV with the huge savings incentivizing the switch from Comcast.Most people spend most of their time watching just a few channels anyways-once they are instructed a bit they are fine.The only reason I'm staying with Dish at the present time is the bells and whistles the H3 has-which you've stated she doesn't want a DVR.
So if she is keeping internet I would take a good look at YT TV. If no internet then yes Dish would be worth looking into.If you don't want to call I have chatted with some knowledgeable people on Dish's FB page.

Reactions: charlesrshell
When you say"get rid of Spectrum" do you mean Spectrum's TV offerings or Spectrums Internet offering or both? If both then how would she stream? Also my 85 year old MIL is plenty happy using YT TV with the huge savings incentivizing the switch from Comcast.Most people spend most of their time watching just a few channels anyways-once they are instructed a bit they are fine.The only reason I'm staying with Dish at the present time is the bells and whistles the H3 has-which you've stated she doesn't want a DVR.
So if she is keeping internet I would take a good look at YT TV. If no internet then yes Dish would be worth looking into.If you don't want to call I have chatted with some knowledgeable people on Dish's FB page.

T-Mobile 5G home internet is available in her area.