Dish DVR 625 Installation Issues

eagan

Original poster
May 7, 2015
Apple Valley
I have DishNetwork installed at my home. Recently Dish upgraded their system and my 301 receiver got obsolete. I went ahead and purchased DVR 625 and having setup issues. If Dish tech comes in, he charges $99 plus the parts. I need help with the installation.

I have the Dish installed with DP34 switch installed on the roof (quite high). Only one cable is coming in from the roof. When I connect that cable to the DP Plus separator, it fail the check switch test on the second input. I need to know how to wire the system with only one cable coming from the rooftop switch. What parts would I need. Appreciate your help.

Hi eagan. The DPP Seperator will not work with the DP34 switch. You will either need to run a 2nd line to the receiver, or get a DPP switch as DPP equipment is needed with the separator.

Reactions: TheKrell
Easiest would be to install a 1000.2 WA Dish, and just run the line from there, if this is your only receiver. That gives you DPP and takes care of the future.

Easiest would be to install a 1000.2 WA Dish, and just run the line from there, if this is your only receiver. That gives you DPP and takes care of the future.
Its only easiest of one can point their own dish.....

Swapping switches seems a bit less of a task.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts