DVR Garbage

Susied

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Texas
I have stayed with DISH only for two reasons. They have 3 channels youtubetv doesn’t have, and the convenience of the DVR. But, I’ve been struggling with DVR issues for months now. When it gets to a point you can’t watch tv other than “live”, I’m paying $200 a month for garbage.
I thought this was a known issue and they would fix it. But, doesn’t look as if they will. What I am posting is only ONE of the hundreds this DVR does. I record movies on TCM a lot, and MANY times lately, it will record 7-8 movies, and I had no idea what had happened when all of a sudden my DVR was 100% full.
And I quit calling tech. Hit home 3 times, what error code, they’re also useless.
If anyone has a FIX I would be happy to stay

Attachments

• IMG_2608.mov
    45.2 MB
Reactions: LQQK
Our H3 DVR screws up regularly. One example is that it never records The Price Is Right At Night. I have it set to record only new episodes, but I have to record it on the nights it airs manually when it clearly is a new episode.

My H3 records the price is right at night and all of the daytime Price is right, even though the title is different. I guess that I can set up a manual recording for the nighttime one only, but I should not have to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Our H3 DVR screws up regularly. One example is that it never records The Price Is Right At Night. I have it set to record only new episodes, but I have to record it on the nights it airs manually when it clearly is a new episode.
Have you tried to delete timer, pull the cord reset, and then set another timer?

Yes. Several times... I've even tried setting a timer on both of the 4KJ's. Nothing seems to work. I don't want to record the Daytime version, so I don't try that time slot.
The problem is trying to record only new at a particular time slot. If you hit select twice on that time slot in the guide, then opened the drop down to select daily, it would record every day at that time.

If you’ve tried that, it’s probably the rcvr.
The Joeys are not autonomous. If you create a recording on a Joey, it’s still actually doing it on the Hopper.

The problem is trying to record only new at a particular time slot. If you hit select twice on that time slot in the guide, then opened the drop down to select daily, it would record every day at that time.

If you’ve tried that, it’s probably the rcvr.
The Joeys are not autonomous. If you create a recording on a Joey, it’s still actually doing it on the Hopper.
When I get back home, I’ll purge that particular recording and create a new one, but that program only comes on once a week.

When I get back home, I’ll purge that particular recording and create a new one, but that program only comes on once a week.
There’s an option to choose weekly also. I don’t know if a lot of people realize that when you set a series recording, you should always hit the select button twice so that it takes you to where you can choose the frequency and whether you want only new or new and reruns

There’s an option to choose weekly also. I don’t know if a lot of people realize that when you set a series recording, you should always hit the select button twice so that it takes you to where you can choose the frequency and whether you want only new or new and reruns
I never noticed to record weekly, I always chose only new ones. When I get back home later today, I’ll create a new recording.

Thanks for the tip.