Dish/Fox Sports 1 NCAA Football Dispute?

Wow! That really surprises me with how Dish has been promoting itself as the home for College Football. But I completely understand not wanting to pass on the cost increase to customers.

Hmm, football is the only reason I'd have to even turn on FS1. Oh well, I guess I won't have to do that for a while.

Fox got stuck with their hand in the cookie jar? If read correctly, they payed more to have it on FS1, then tried to charge more for those games, and dish just laughed in their face. Sound about correct?

I think it's more so the fox contract is near ending (last year we said the networks inky had a year or two left) and or has ended (second year just started) and they agreed to a short extension minus live NCAA while they haggle over the entire contract.

This would make sense based on Scott's Gut making some statements yesterday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not this crap again. :oldmad Those are the Pac 12 and Big 12 games that were originally meant for FX and got moved to FS1 with the rebranding of Speed and the new contracts with the Big 12 and Pac 12 that start this year. I went thru this with Dish several years ago when FX and FSN were dropped in their dispute with Fox, and missed 4 weeks of OSU and OU games that were on FX and FSN. Football is really the only reason I continue to pay for tv and after 15yrs or so with Dish, the first OU or OSU game that is blacked out will most likely be the last day I am with Dish. Over the Air and month to month with Cox during football is what I probably already should have done.

Not this crap again. :oldmad Those are the Pac 12 and Big 12 games that were originally meant for FX and got moved to FS1 with the rebranding of Speed and the new contracts with the Big 12 and Pac 12 that start this year. I went thru this with Dish several years ago when FX and FSN were dropped in their dispute with Fox, and missed 4 weeks of OSU and OU games that were on FX and FSN. Football is really the only reason I continue to pay for tv and after 15yrs or so with Dish, the first OU or OSU game that is blacked out will most likely be the last day I am with Dish. Over the Air and month to month with Cox during football is what I probably already should have done.

I am the same way with my SEC games. The first week I could not get them with my provider would be the last, as like you, thats basically the only reason I keep pay tv.

Folks the rumor (which I posted in the Pub a few weeks ago) is that DISH was getting ready to launch Fox Sports 2 in HD. They even announced this to their retailers in a number of communications.

Over the last two weeks I have heard nothing from DISH so I don't know if this is the case or if this new roadblock thrown up by FOX has stopped that movement.

Folks the rumor (which I posted in the Pub a few weeks ago) is that DISH was getting ready to launch Fox Sports 2 in HD. They even announced this to their retailers in a number of communications.

Over the last two weeks I have heard nothing from DISH so I don't know if this is the case or if this new roadblock thrown up by FOX has stopped that movement.

And Scott ruins my theory :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is their any info on if any of the Fox own network's contract are set to expire between now and January 1 of next year, how long does the FX/Nat Geo/local FSN RSN/Local Fox stations contract that was reached in late October 2010 last for, are we at the point of renegotiation with that deal or is it another couple of years away.

i know that any deal with Fox is gonna be harder with their recent grudges Fox has with Dish over the Hooper which lead them to sue Dish.

Will I wish I knew that information... we never know how long contracts are... all's we are told when a deal is made is that "we have reached a long term deal." Whatever that means. :D

This seriously sucks. I was just chatting with support to upgrade my account to 200 specifically to start watching games on FS1. So now it is not enough to just figure out what package you need to get channels, now you have to watch the contracts within the channels to be sure specific games will actually be shown. Good grief.

Why would launching FS2 in HD cause a tizzy like this?

Well I am fricking pissed. During the summer I pull down the plan to the 120 and drop the sports channels. I just upped it again back to 200 to get the Rutgers v. UW game. I think I am locked in on changes for 30 days now, aren't I?

This whole thing is a total crock of crap. Fox is always pulling this garbage.

This is ridiculous; Dish ought to just send FS1 and FS2 packing if this is the crap they are going to pull right at college football start time.

Reactions: osu1991 and Tampa8
I am tired of all the greedy--money hungry conglomerates that want to keep sucking the blood out of us regular folk. Seems to be a dispute of one sort or another most of the time. I like collage football and basketball and the NHL and rely on these channel to provide me entertainment--but as the price keeps going up it's getting harder for me to justify the $100.00 I spend with Dish every month.
I like watching games on TV as it's getting to be quite pricey to go to more than 1 or 2 games (Huskers) and I don't have the hassle of parking and fighting the crowds.

8Cz1F18.gif

Well I am fricking pissed. During the summer I pull down the plan to the 120 and drop the sports channels. I just upped it again back to 200 to get the Rutgers v. UW game. I think I am locked in on changes for 30 days now, aren't I?

You can downgrade now. It will cost you 5 bucks though.

Nope. You may downgrade. There is a $5 downgrade fee....I think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)