Dish, FTA, & OTA all through PC for PVR?

Does anyone run Dish, FTA, & OTA all through the PC? Is this even possible or would you just go Tivo or DVDR with a HD?

I have 3 DVD recorder/hard drives and love them :)

one controls Dish Network/OTA
one is for FTA/StarChoice
the third is for another FTA setup

Iceberg,

Can I run the fta threw my computer to record if so what program would I need and do I have to manually record the shows or does it have a sort of preset function? Thanks

You can do fta through a computer. DVB World Box is the easiest way to go, and for the pvr functionality, DVB Dream is the way to go... only real issues with dvb dream that I've had are
1. ts reader requires a seperate dll than what nextstorm provides - don't use it unless you want to put yourself in to dll hell... just use the thing as is... forget about ts reader.
2. dvb dream has problems if timed recordings are set up to minimize and do renderless... forgetting about the minimize and just recording as renderless is the solution... or at least for me. I'm on a 1.5ghz machine with 512 mb ram. I do timed recordings in renderless mode to make sure the computer doesn't max out cpu and restart... recording dvd quality stuff eats lots of ram. You have to save where you can when you can if you don't have top of the line computer.

New to this, My question is: I have a extra computer with windows xp service pack 2 with ac3 an i just want to use it strictly for fta and nothing else what do i need to do that. I have a 18" dish network dish, is there software to download for it or do u need a special pci card or what plz. Help Thanx in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)