Dish HD Channel Moves Coming...

All I can say it NBA TV in HD will make a lot of Basketball fans in PR having HD very happy..& will tempt a lot of other to get HD for it. Not to mention with HD Basketball in ESPN & TNT & WGN.....will make a lot of good HD basketball coverage. Offcourse LP will not be available in HD at the moment. But if Dish gave us ABC HD...then most bases r covered.

Obviously......fans of other sports in PR will be happy also with bunch of HD coming our way. Still a long way to go for us to catch US HD count...but it a start....& IMO...very very good start

That's CONUS only on 129. On 61.5 the highest beam number used is 17, 129 picks up the rest of the west coast beams that 61.5 doesn't need to use.

Digi, this question doesn't pertain to this comment but I'm just curious. I have a 1000.2 (110, 119, 129) with a wing dish for 77w for local HD in Arkansas. It is my understanding that 77 ea is the same as 129 (or which ever) in the western arc so I'm curious why or how the wing dish doesn't conflict with the same channesl on the wa or how does the 722k know which one to pull off of. I assume that my account is either one or the other but how does it then get the hd locals off of 77? Just a rookie question but I have been with E for over 12 years and do my own installations. Thanks, cwk

Digi, this question doesn't pertain to this comment but I'm just curious. I have a 1000.2 (110, 119, 129) with a wing dish for 77w for local HD in Arkansas. It is my understanding that 77 ea is the same as 129 (or which ever) in the western arc so I'm curious why or how the wing dish doesn't conflict with the same channesl on the wa or how does the 722k know which one to pull off of. I assume that my account is either one or the other but how does it then get the hd locals off of 77? Just a rookie question but I have been with E for over 12 years and do my own installations. Thanks, cwk

Your account isn't EA or WA. There's lots of installations that are 110/119/61.5, which technically is a mixed system. You can take any EA receiver and hook it up to 110/119/129 and it will work and vice versa(as long as the WA receivers are VIP boxes).

There's even folks with 61.5/110/119/129 installations and the receiver displays the channels just fine.

I'm still curious how these channels are going to look packing all that into one transponder. Not mention how are they going to look on 77 since 77 doesn't run 8PSK, their transponders are 30 megabit instead of 40.

I thought that both Echostar 4 and Echostar 8 were co-located at 77W? Is Echo 8 not a relativly new satellite?

Thanks for the quick response sir. So, are you saying that I could install a 1000.4 and go EA and eliminate the wing dish and the my two vip 722 would just adapt to the signal change and pull the channels that it did before the change? I guess I just didn't understand why the 77w wing dish didn't try to pull in extra channels when I installed and did the check switch. Eitherway, I'm ok and evrything is up and running and has been for a while. I just come up with the questions and get curious when a certain topic comes up in the forum. Thanks again for your response. cwk

Could they be starting the rumored "mixed" transponders, with a few HD and SD on the same TP?

I'm sure they will at least spread the 14 out, perhaps putting some on the existing HD TPs. Maybe they will get rid of some HD PPV now that they have multiple HD on demand options.

Thanks for the quick response sir. So, are you saying that I could install a 1000.4 and go EA and eliminate the wing dish and the my two vip 722 would just adapt to the signal change and pull the channels that it did before the change? I guess I just didn't understand why the 77w wing dish didn't try to pull in extra channels when I installed and did the check switch. Eitherway, I'm ok and evrything is up and running and has been for a while. I just come up with the questions and get curious when a certain topic comes up in the forum. Thanks again for your response. cwk

Yes. There isn't anything on 77W that you don't have on the 1000.2 setup except for your locals. There wouldn't be any "extra" channels you would be able to receive.

Nothing says they are cramming them all on the same transponder on the satellite they move them to.

I guess I just didn't understand why the 77w wing dish didn't try to pull in extra channels when I installed and did the check switch.
The dishes and LNBs are stupid. They just sit pointed at one satellite location and send the same signal down the wire all day long, 24/7. In the case of DishPro LNBs, there is a 1-to-1 correspondence between satellite location and the attached cable. There is one cable per satellite. The DishPro LNB sends both polarizations down that one wire simultaneously, continuously, and forever until it either loses power, or the dish falls over.

It's OK if your dish setup has the same exact channel on several satellites. That happens all the time. It's your receiver that decides which satellite to tune in when you select a channel number with multiple sources. Usually we don't even care which satellite it picks. But if your LOS to one satellite is marginal (e.g. leaves grow in the way), or the satellite itself is weak or failing, such as Echostar 5 formerly at 129, then we might care. But we can't do anything about that selection without covering up or unplugging the undesired LNB.

Could they be starting the rumored "mixed" transponders, with a few HD and SD on the same TP?

I'm sure they will at least spread the 14 out, perhaps putting some on the existing HD TPs. Maybe they will get rid of some HD PPV now that they have multiple HD on demand options.

Not rumored.... that's already here and has been. Look at EA. MPEG4 SD and HD on the same transponder.

Or there is a rather unique one... MPEG4 HD and MPEG2 SD on the same transponder. SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Not rumored.... that's already here and has been. Look at EA. MPEG4 SD and HD on the same transponder.

Or there is a rather unique one... MPEG4 HD and MPEG2 SD on the same transponder. SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

So far just on spotbeams, CONUS locals on 77, and at 148. CONUS national programming is still separate. Even on the EA, look at 72.7. 3TPs of national HD, the rest MPEG4 SD and Audio.

So far just on spotbeams, CONUS locals on 77, and at 148. CONUS national programming is still separate. Even on the EA, look at 72.7. 3TPs of national HD, the rest MPEG4 SD and Audio.

Correct, you won't see mixed SD and HD nationals for quite a while on WA. There's a ton of non-8PSK boxes out there. There's nothing special about it...even if you had MPEG4 HD and MPEG2 SD on QPSK transponder and had an old Dish 3000 receiver tuning it, it would view the MPEG2 SD just fine, as the receiver only looks at the part of the stream containing the pieces for the MPEG2 SD video.

Im set up on 110/119/61.5 and after looking at tp21 on 61.5..and checking the channel chart, I dont see those channels mirrored on 110 or 119, so when they move to 77, will I lose them ?

hope I read things wrong...

edit - it appears the additions to the new HD transponder on 110 match the channels on tp21-61.5. doh.

I have a 1000.2 (110, 119, 129) with a wing dish for 77w for local HD in Arkansas. It is my understanding that 77 ea is the same as 129 (or which ever) in the western arc so I'm curious why or how the wing dish doesn't conflict with the same channesl on the wa or how does the 722k know which one to pull off of.

I believe that's where the software takes over. Just like it favors the 129 over the 118.75 :(

Yep, Thats the main issue why Im not with dish today! Still love the company, but if they cant fill my needs then I obviously have gone elsewhere. Its like sex.. If you cant get that lovin feeling, then obvously your going to get it elsewhere :D!

Thing is, the need of the average sub is not 24/7 RSNs. If anything, my need is for AMC, IFC, TCM, HLN, ESPNU, E!, G4, Hallmark, and Outdoor, which blowing more TPs just might force them to not carry for a long time. Let directv blow 30+ HD slots on sports only a limited number of subs can see.

Don't get me wrong, 24/7 RSNs in HD would be great, but put them on spotbeams. Then you can get YOUR team in HD without clogging bandwidth for national HD.

Im set up on 110/119/61.5 and after looking at tp21 on 61.5..and checking the channel chart, I dont see those channels mirrored on 110 or 119, so when they move to 77, will I lose them ?

hope I read things wrong...

edit - it appears the additions to the new HD transponder on 110 match the channels on tp21-61.5. doh.

I believe the same ones are being moved from 129W to 110W so you will still receive them. 129W and 61.5W usually mirror the same national HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)