dish hd picture vs U-verse hd how to they compare?

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
Ive been with dish 13yrs yet ive been looking into u-verse since they have yes and mlb network , can anyone tell me how they compare to dish in picture quility (hd) ? Thanks Harv

U-Verse has really bad PQ. Since AT&T didn't run Fiber to The Home they have to scrunch as much data into the outdated copper wires as they can. I would get DirecTV since they have great PQ and they carry MLB Network and YES.

harveystern said:
Ive been with dish 13yrs yet ive been looking into u-verse since they have yes and mlb network , can anyone tell me how they compare to dish in picture quility (hd) ? Thanks Harv

Uverse in my area has improved.
Hd picture is on par with dish. Might even be better.
I have both and uverse is right there.
It's an excellent choice.
No contract!
Try them out.

lern4483 said:
Uverse in my area has improved.
Hd picture is on par with dish. Might even be better.
I have both and uverse is right there.
It's an excellent choice.
No contract!
Try them out.

It is not on par with Dish. AT&T dosen't have the bandwith over their outdated copper wires that Dish has. I've seen both of them and U-Verse is much worse.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

It is not on par with Dish. AT&T dosen't have the bandwith over their outdated copper wires that Dish has. I've seen both of them and U-Verse is much worse.

It can, like most cable systems, vary from area to area. So while yours may be subpar, uverse in another area (Fl is where he is at), may very well be equal to Dish. :)

True. But I think they use the same technology in each area. The channels are all fed from a "Super Hub" or whatever they call it.

Same basic tech yes, but there are some differences from area to area, if it is something as simple as better cabling in one area versus another.
I dont have a link, but in some cases, AT&T runs fiber actually to the home, or so I have read. (if not true I apologize, but I am sure I read that somewhere)

isaacmorseMI said:

In my area uverse is on par with dish.
I have both. I can honestly say that 2 years ago that was not the case.

Uverse has made improvements in my area. They have been changing out lines and made changes in the hub near my home.

I have no great loyalty to Uverse or dish.
In going by what I see.

I just changed over last weekend from DISH - other than some occasional pixelation the pictures are to my eye, pretty similar. I'm in Michigan and pretty far from the VRAD but so far, so good. Some folks complain about the lack of DVR space (just 80 hours of HD) but with the enormous amount of On Demand channels, it is not as much of an issue. Just my 2 cents...

twc adds hbo 3d ondemand

NFL Network arrives on Charter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)