DISH Hopper Wireless Keyboard / Remote / Social Networking Concept Video

No, it doesn't...
Thanks for the reply, but does it not seem odd that this new fancy remote has not the PIP function? I went ahead and read the entire thread, the remote is interesting but the only thing that interested me was the apparent possibility of a browser...? Facebook may not be around when the remote is released and I'm not interested in FB anyway.
Regardless the PIP issue is troublesome, I hope it remains at least as it is. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, but does it not seem odd that this new fancy remote has not the PIP function? I went ahead and read the entire thread, the remote is interesting but the only thing that interested me was the apparent possibility of a browser...? Facebook may not be around when the remote is released and I'm not interested in FB anyway.
Regardless the PIP issue is troublesome, I hope it remains at least as it is. :rolleyes:

Maybe they will make that remote internet programmable? that way you could choose your button for PIP/POP?.;)

Maybe they will make that remote internet programmable? that way you could choose your button for PIP/POP?.;)
I personally doubt it, but who knows;
but again it seems weird Dish fronts this elaborate, presumedly expensive remote control and it has omitted the PIP function, which I believe plays into the "lets watch TV" experience, which Dish hawks...or use too.

Maybe they were demoing the "Joey" version of the remote and there will be a "Hopper" version that will include the PIP buttons. Not likely for economies of scale reasons, but a little wishful thinking never hurt.

There has been prior discussion about buttons that already exist on the sides and that they 'might' be PIP.....
Yea I saw that too, there was never a follow up. Sometimes it's more of what is not said then what is said that gets me wondering...
It's no secret that the TV makers have for the most part discontinued PIP...could Dish be next?

TV PIP is redundant with satellite and cable single feed into the TV. We're not switching TV channels so much any more except in OTA only households.

I'm sorry, Pat. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Why would you not switch channels because you have cable instead of OTA? Could you explain or expand?

Lt Disher said:
I'm sorry, Pat. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Why would you not switch channels because you have cable instead of OTA? Could you explain or expand?

What he means is that with modern setups, the channel changing occurs on the set top box, not the TV. The TV is left on a constant channel or input. Therefore TV PIP isn't particularly useful unless people have other feeds on TV separate inputs. (Dish on HDMI, OTA via coaxial antenna input, etc.)
Set top PIP is still quite useful, because that is how you can see two channels from your provider on a split screen or PIPed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apologies, I haven't read the whole thread but does the "PIP feature" not being on the remote signify the demise of PIP?
If so not good!

I said this before, but wil say it again. I belive the PIP buttons were on the side of the remote. I didnt take any shots of the side f the remote though sorry... but I do seem to remember them being there.

What he means is that with modern setups, the channel changing occurs on the set top box, not the TV. The TV is left on a constant channel or input. Therefore TV PIP isn't particularly useful unless people have other feeds on TV separate inputs. (Dish on HDMI, OTA via coaxial antenna input, etc.)
Set top PIP is still quite useful, because that is how you can see two channels from your provider on a split screen or PIPed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the clarification. I now see that he was speaking of TV PIP.

Here is a pic I found that I took, not sure if this one has been seen before...

Looking closely you can see the buttons on the side, which looks like MODE buttons... not PIP buttons.

Attachments

• P1020607.JPG
    P1020607.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 260
Here is a pic I found that I took, not sure if this one has been seen before...

Looking closely you can see the buttons on the side, which looks like MODE buttons... not PIP buttons.
Yes, its AUX, TV and SAT, the other side is Pair. No mention of PIP...and that space at the bottom, nothing but a dish logo.... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)