Dish "Intro" Package?

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Rome, Georgia, United States
I remember hearing about a package that Dish offers for people who are just getting into the cable/pay television market.... It was only about 15 or 20 channels if I remember and it was designed for people who only had FTA channels and were upgrading equipment due to the digital transition.

Of course, nothing is mentioned on Dish's website (that I can find).

Does anybody have any info. regarding this offer. Or perhaps a link to a thread that discusses this. (I tried searching without any luck).

Thanks in advance!

There is a Welcome Pack for 9.99 [14.99 w/ locals]. Biggest problem is that you will usually not qualify for any of the new install packages. So fine if you have your own equipment [dish, lnbf, rcvr], but not good if you are just starting out.

Now most new install packages have a minimum of DishFamily which has 40 odd channels for 19.99 [24.99 w/ locals] and would include equipment and discount on first year for a 24mth commitment.

You are probably thinking of the Welcome Package. It is $9.99 / month without the locals and $14.99 with them. I have included a link to the thread discussing the package. It is a little older so take the channel lineup with a grain of salt. They seem to be making a lot of changes here lately and I know that it was recently discussed on this forum (by someone with the Welcome Package) that Style was now a part of the lineup. Please see the link below:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/158915-9-99-welcome-package.html

Cade

Thanks for the info guys. I was searching by every word I could think of for 'introductory' packages, etc., etc... The keyword was "Welcome" ( - :

There is also a "locals only" pkg f/$10, which combines the (non-AT/DL) access fee + locals charges into this 1 charge. You can add any a la carte channels to this pkg (premiums, ethnics, etc.) as well as the FREE PI pak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts